Thursday, December 18, 2008

adoption

I read about adoption yesterday at adoption.com. The articles were very well written. They were not written by 'experts' or 'authorities,' but by people who had actually adopted.

I would like to have a large family with a mix of adopted children and my own biological children. I've been thinking about this for a long time now.

I have a lot of beliefs about things I think people should do when they're pregnant, giving birth, and raising their kids. I have beliefs about community and religion and education. I have beliefs about health and nutrition. I have beliefs about money and employment. There are all these topics relevant to raising a family, and I have something to say about all of them, but I'm not using any of that knowledge. Someday, I would like to apply the knowledge and beliefs to the real world. I've spent a long time just thinking things and saying 'People should...' or 'I wish somebody would...' Eventually I would like myself to be the 'somebody' in that sentence.

I have only one small goal right now. That's to get through the next week or two, when I know my work schedule is going to be awful. This whole month, I've been working on irregular days instead of getting my two days off in a row. The next goal after that is to continue trying to get a second job, then working three long days, with four days off. I did it before - it will be a little different this time - but I know for certain that it can be done.

No comments: