Monday, July 28, 2008

How odd.

I always reread my blogs to check for spelling mistakes or any other problem. I reread the last entry at least four times. I never noticed that, the whole time I did this, every time I saw the word 'Siberia' the image of Antarctica was in my mind. I saw Antarctica on the map. Ever since that phrase appeared several days ago, I've been picturing Antarctica. It's a place with hardly any life. Antarctica doesn't have butterflies, I think. Siberia is in Russia. It probably has butterflies. Siberia was a prison camp, but it was also known as a terribly cold, snowy, icy place. The similarity was just enough that I believed it. I just spent several days believing Siberia was actually Antarctica. The symbol still means the same thing in a general way, but it's slightly different.

That particular female problem did occur with the new tooth fillings, but it was temporary. I just didn't mention it.

I have memory problems, especially with nouns and names. This makes me wonder how many times I have said or written something that meant something totally different from what I thought I was saying, because I used the wrong noun. That's yet another way that hidden or confusing meanings can get through. You never know whether it was accidental or whether somebody intended to do it.

When they woke me up a few minutes ago, they said the phrase 'Siberian Huskies.' I heard that, and I got confused. I know there are no huskies in Antarctica. It took me a minute to realize that Siberia isn't Antarctica. I will probably get confused about the two of them for the rest of my life.

Now I will probably find out that actually, there are millions of huskies in Antarctica. Probably butterflies too.

No comments: