Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alternative Medicine; Hearing Voices

***I wrote this draft a few days ago and didn't finish it or publish it.  I don't really remember all of what I wanted to say, so I'll just try to wrap it up and send it out.  It's still not really finished.***

I was thinking about how ancient people were able to discover the internal organs and figure out what they did. Growing up, I was taught in school that ancient people were much stupider than modern people, and all of their beliefs were ridiculous superstitions, and that we should have contempt for them. Ha ha, they used to believe that evil spirits cause disease, but we modern people are much smarter now and we don't believe such things.

After experiencing hormone-like vapors coming from cooked bone marrow, I can understand how they would believe that bones (or dead bodies in general) have spirits lingering near them, and not only that, they DO cause diseases, at least some types of diseases.

Ancient people could have studied the organs by doing what I did: eating them. There is a belief, and in school they told me that this was one of those dumb superstitions, that if you eat some particular body part of an animal, you will gain the attributes of that body part. This is seen as a contemptible, stupid, ignorant belief, and I think that it's even a logical fallacy listed with its own official name, in the lists of logical fallacies to avoid. I forget what the name is, but it's portrayed as a fallacious belief.

It turns out it's actually true. The body parts that people are eating, in Traditional Chinese Medicine and other types of non-western medicine, contain hormones and other substances - I don't know what substances, but they could be called 'biomolecules' because I think I've seen that word used. Anything that has some kind of effect in the body.

I don't agree with Traditional Chinese Medicine, by the way - a lot of the things that I've read are actually similar to Western Medicine in a certain way: they are 'active' or 'additive' treatments instead of 'passive' or 'subtractive' treatments. Here's what I mean. If you have a problem, they tell you that you need to do something about it by taking some kind of drug or other substance. If you have symptoms or some kind of discomfort, no matter how minor or trivial, you should immediately treat it or soothe it by taking some kind of drug. You're doing something active, and adding a new substance to the body, something that wasn't there before. You can just keep piling on more and more drugs, one after another, to compensate for the effects of the other drugs. TCM has these very complicated explanations for which types of drugs should be mixed together into your final potion, but you can bet it's going to be a large number of different substances, instead of a small number. There will be ten or fifteen different ingredients instead of just one or two.

I like the Feingold Diet. When I was a child, I was extremely hyperactive, and my parents saw the Feingold Diet mentioned on a talk show on TV, so they tried it. It worked so well that I slept through the night without getting up and walking around and screaming and fighting and trying to push the bedroom door open while they tried to push it shut - and this was only the FIRST NIGHT of using the diet. The Feingold Diet is a 'subtractive' treatment. It tries to take away substances that are causing problems for you.

It's still not the same as treating the 'cause.' Food chemicals are 'triggers' for your symptoms, not causes. You have a pre-existing problem, some kind of weakness that makes your body unable to metabolize lots of chemicals (some manmade, and some natural chemicals), and when you eat those chemicals, it triggers symptoms. I was going to say that it only happens to the people who have this problem, this difficulty metabolizing chemicals, but actually, studies have been done that show everybody has problems, not just the kids who are usually hyperactive - even 'normal' people will have symptoms if they eat a large amount of artificial food colors and other chemicals.

I don't know why some people are born with difficulty metabolizing certain chemicals. That would be the 'cause.' It isn't necessarily genetic - it might be another one of those preventable deformities that Weston Price talks about. It might also be made worse by vaccinations.

Anyway the idea is that this diet tries to take away the things that are triggering your symptoms. Since I knew about that diet, I tend to always see things from that point of view. If you have a problem, you shouldn't just ADD a bunch of new drugs to treat it. Instead you should try to take away whatever is triggering the symptoms.

I also don't use antacids or any over-the-counter medicines, and I never have. I only use ibuprofen sometimes for menstrual cramps. (Hopefully, that won't happen anymore now that I've quit coffee - I just recently stopped drinking coffee again, and the few times I've quit in the past, my menstrual cramps were greatly improved.) Antacids destroy the acid in your stomach, and when that acid is gone, you become vulnerable to infections from Helicobacter Pylori, a bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. (This is my theory. I didn't officially read this someplace.)

So taking antacids CAUSES stomach ulcers. The more antacids you take, the worse your ulcers get. I had an experience where (after going most of my life never using antacids, and not knowing how they would feel) I was sick at my stomach at work one day, while working at a temp job, and a co-worker offered me an antacid. I decided to try it. After using it, my stomach felt much worse than before - it was burning and it felt like it was full of ulcers. Before I took the antacid, my stomach had felt much better. The burning ulcer-like feeling lasted a while, like several days. If I believed that I ought to take more antacids to treat the ulcers, I would have become one of those people who eats an entire roll of antacids several times a day while struggling to treat their stomach ulcers, and no matter how much you take, the ulcers get worse. To treat ulcers, you must STOP TAKING ANTACIDS.

I would also recommend for people to stop drinking tap water. Tap water makes my stomach burn, and it also gives me an itchy, slimy throat, and herpes-like sores and blisters on my tongue and everywhere in my mouth, and runny nose and sinus problems. I never get head colds anymore, ever since I 1. stopped drinking tap water, and 2. stopped eating anything that contains synthetic vitamins. Synthetic vitamins trigger a histamine response, because I think, if I recall correctly, some of the chemicals in them actually contain histamine, or they break down and form histamine, or something. Histamine is the allergy-triggering chemical. If you have allergies, STOP TAKING VITAMINS. There are people who take more and more vitamins, hoping to treat their allergies. This is the exact opposite of what you should do. As for tap water, I'm not sure what the problem is. It might be copper from the copper pipes, it might be fungus or bacterial slime lining the insides of the water pipes, where nobody can reach it to clean it out, or it might be something that didn't get filtered out of the water when the water was treated, or it might be chlorine or other chemicals added to the water.

Anyway, I had been saying that ancient people could discover more about organs by eating them, and then seeing what sensations they caused.  Now that I've eaten bone marrow, I recognize the sensation of my own bones emitting some kind of hormone.  It's a stinging, burning sensation that comes from the joints.

The attackers frequently trigger those sensations to try to make me get up and move and go do something, and they associate some kind of 'thought' or 'idea' with the 'get up and move' sensation.

You wouldn't eat a large amount of it.  I am getting the impression that some of these things are so dangerous, you should never eat them at all - that is what the voices are telling me.  But after eating a hormone (if you can't inhale it or let it go through the skin) you would recognize the sensation of that hormone acting in your own body afterwards, and you could observe where it came from and what feelings were associated with it.  And again, I'm not recommending we do this, not after my experiences.  But I believe in observing every tiny detail of the sensations you feel in your body.  (They won't let me do it - they were zapping me while I tried to observe myself last night, and every other time I've tried.)

3 comments:

artijoshi said...

Wow thank you for sharing this insight... It has helped me immensely to learn this.

helicopters said...

Very good article. I will be experiencing some of these issues as well.
.

bobby genovese said...

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification
appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks