Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bones and spirits

Well, I am not going to attempt to remove the pot containing the marrow bones, which is in my fridge right now. I am going to get my housekeeper guy to help me with it. Since I hardly cook at all, I can go a couple days without using the fridge - I usually buy fast food. (This is why switching to a healthy diet is very important to me.)

Why can't I even use the fridge? Because the steam and vapor from the pot has filled up the fridge. When I open the door, I inhale the vaporized hormones from the pot and I become full of fear again. I have to turn the fan on and open a window. It is that severe.

I am still trying to figure out why people on the net and in 'Nourishing Traditions' are making it sound like bone marrow is edible. I need to look in that book again and see if I can find the reference to it. It might be okay to make soup out of ordinary marrowless bones, but not marrow bones. There was a blog where a lady said they are actually serving bone marrow at a restaurant somewhere and she claims that she herself tried it.

If you eat it, you will start vomiting and having diarrhea within a couple minutes. A couple bites of bone marrow is like an entire bottle of adrenalin pills. (I don't know if there are any such things as adrenalin pills, but whatever hormone is in the beef bone marrow resembles adrenalin.) The marrow tastes pretty good when it's in your mouth - it's soft and spongy and doesn't have a lot of taste. You can swallow it easily. It doesn't have any unpleasant sensation while it's going down. But after a minute or two, you start to absorb the adrenalin in your stomach and it hits you with a rush. Since I only ate a tiny speck of it, I didn't vomit, but I felt that I was trying to. You then start gritting your teeth and you are quickly awakened and full of fear. And then you feel trauma, as I described before.

Well, cooking it in a pot is a way to make lots of fumes. I shoved the whole pot in my fridge after the incident, and I have been not using the fridge at all. But last night, I made a sandwich using bread and cheese which I had just bought at the store. I had a bit of leftover sandwich that I put into a ziploc bag and put the ziploc bag into the fridge. An hour or two later, I pulled out the ziploc bag, ate the sandwich, and felt the sensations of fear and sickness and I was trying not to vomit. Either the vapor went through the plastic bag, or else it collected on the outside of the bag and I touched it and then touched the sandwich. Once again, I was sick for several hours, although it was very mild compared to when I actually ate solid bone marrow.

I think people might be selling it out of ignorance. Perhaps they have never tried eating it. I don't think you can even make soup with it, because it will fill the soup with dissolved adrenalin (I'm just guessing that's what the hormone is, based on how it felt). But I don't understand the blog where the lady claims she ate it at a restaurant. I don't even trust it to be safe after being cooked at extremely high temperatures for a long time.

Religion: it's common for religions to have taboos on eating certain foods. This is one of the things I want for an alternative religion - strict rules about what to eat and how to eat it, because we don't have enough of those rules in the modern world, and there is a real need for them.

I'm not sure what to trust, now, as I try new foods. I've read about throwing leftover scraps from fish into a pot and making broth with it, but now I am uncertain. Which parts of the fish are safe to throw into a stock pot? They said that the heads contain thyroid hormone and they say that it's eaten in some other parts of the world, or at least, it used to be.

People think that food poisoning comes from bacteria, but if you are eating meat and trying to use the whole animal, food poisoning also comes from active hormones that affect you like drugs.

The vaporized adrenaline from the bones could explain why people felt that bones and dead people were full of evil spirits. Lingering vapors around a place where someone had been killed, even an animal, might be filled with fear and adrenaline, and when you inhaled it you would feel the fear too. It would gradually leak out of the bones if the bones were left outside somewhere, and so the air around a pile of bones would feel full of spirits.

I did get a call from my housekeeper-friend again - he's out of the hospital. We're playing phone tag, and I had to work last night and so I've spent this morning sleeping, so I haven't called him back today, but I will get him to supervise while I remove the pot from the refrigerator.

I feel very vulnerable and ashamed letting someone actually see the inside of my apartment. It is always a mess, and after only a week or two, it gets full of mess again. This is because I am covering the carpet with papers and stuff because of chemical sensitivity. All of my routines have been changed in the past couple years since I handled the herbs and started reacting to the residues that got onto my belongings. I've been sensitized to more things since then, it seems. So I have to let someone see the mess in my house. Actually, I usually try to quickly clean up before he comes over - this is 'positive peer pressure,' the pressure to do something necessary and good that you have to do anyway, and doing it to either avoid disapproval or to get approval.

I'm going to search again for references to eating beef bone marrow, and see what people say. As for the original Weston Price book, 'Nutrition and Physical Degeneration,' when I glanced at it I found one place where he said they threw 'the bones' into a pot for stew broth, but I can't remember if he said anything about which bones were used and which ones were avoided. His information was very general, not detailed. I love the book and I want to use it as a guiding vision, but as I said, the details need worked out.

(*Random note, I just noticed that I still have my old post office box listed in my eagledove9 blog. I don't have the password with me today so I can't go change it. I'm not using that PO box now.*)

No comments: