Thursday, February 4, 2010

Working with someone to do routine chores

I got someone to help me at home every week, getting my laundry done so that I at least have clean uniforms for work, and he's also going to help me with cooking, but we haven't started that yet.

This is the worst time of year for moldy air. I have some here at this place, but nowhere near as bad as at the other apartment. The long-term solution is to get my own place - I would start with a trailer - so that I have control over it and I don't have to just put up with somebody else's building. It gets bad when I use any of the sinks - I think that a little bit of water drips down the pipes back inside the wall, and then moldy air blows up through the cracks where the pipes go into the walls. Again, though, it's NOTHING like the other place. I can tolerate being indoors here. But I want to open the windows. It's almost spring.

***

Weston Price: I finished the book. I'm now thinking about a restaurant called McWeston's (a trademark infringement) with a golden W as its logo. It's open 24 hours and it has not only a drive-thru, but also home delivery. It serves the Weston Price diet to people all over the world, with local variations in the menu. And I'm not entirely joking. I'd like to see something like that.

I found an answer to one of my questions. I had wondered if the father has to eat a special diet too, to prevent deformities in the children. They had an incident where an Eskimo woman married a mining engineer who ate a modern Western diet of canned foods, white flour, etc. The Eskimo woman was still eating her primitive diet. She had 26 children (yes, 26, that's not a typo) and never had cavities in her teeth. However, a few of her children had facial deformities. I would have to look at the book again for details.

I drew another conclusion from this. We might conclude two things:

1. The father has to eat the diet too, to make sure he does not have defective sperm. Some of the primitive cultures required the father to eat a special diet before having children.

2. Deformities can be caused by environmental illness, which affects the entire household. Chemicals might exist in modern houses that didn't exist in the primitive cultures that Weston Price studied. Even if you were eating the healthy diet, you could still be exposed to chemicals. It could be anything modern, such as heavy metals, or pesticides, or a million other things.

Weston Price focused on the idea of providing the right nourishment. But there is also the idea of protecting against dangerous chemicals or other things that can cause problems in spite of having good nourishment.

***

I hear someone at the library talking about the books, His Dark Materials, a trilogy starting with Northern Lights - it was called another name when the movie came out - the Golden Compass. I haven't read those books, but I did see the movie. 'Nothing less than free will is at stake.'

I am calling this religion a Free Will order, a religion concerned with issues of free will.

No comments: