Monday, May 25, 2009

Criminal Psychology. Mister Mxyzptlk.

I mentioned sociopaths and mental illness in the previous blog. I wanted to clarify a couple of things.

Different motives for the 'going into someone's house and stealing three slices of bread' phenomenon:

1. mental illness, sociopathic/antisocial personality disorder
2. organized crime/government - somebody is paying you money to do this
3. unpaid group activities - not necessarily government or organized crime
4. puppets being controlled externally, possibly when they are on drugs

1. With #1 (mental illness), you assume they are doing it on their own. You assume it is their own idea, that the origin of this impulse is internal. There's something wrong with their brain. The brain is an organ like any other organ, and it can have diseases just like any other body parts.

2. Assume the person doing it is obeying orders and being paid money to do something that a group is telling them to do. They might be an almost-normal person. They might feel guilty or uncertain about what they're doing. (However, the group leader could be a sociopath, even if the members aren't as evil or insane. I have read that if a sociopath is able to 'fake being human' well enough, they can become leaders in the military and in government agencies. But they use the power they get to do inhuman things, like mass murder, or setting up large-scale electronic mind control/surveillance systems against the people of their own country.)

3. Unpaid activities - there could be people 'having fun' or ganging up on someone to harass them, but they're doing it on their own and not being paid.

4. Puppets: if someone is on the right drugs, they can be forced to do almost anything. I have read about people who were found sleepwalking, and they were caught having sex with somebody while asleep, or driving their car while sleeping. It is caused by using certain drugs. If someone like this gets a suggestion put into their mind, by an outside attacker using whatever technology they're using (and I have read about it, but I don't know which specific devices are used), they can be made to do anything, to go walk into somebody's house, or whatever.

I've experienced a milder version of this, especially when I am on antidepressants (but it can be done anytime, even without drugs - it's just that it's easier to do with drugs), where I am forced to say things or get ideas that aren't my own. I like to assume that almost everybody who says things to you, if they seem as though they're spying on you, if they talk to you and mention a private piece of information that they couldn't possibly have known about, except that they're a relatively normal, non-technical person who is usually nice, I assume it was something they were forced to say. I prefer to assume that - it makes more sense to me. I don't believe that EVERYBODY who does things is being paid money to do it, or that they ALL are consciously aware of what they're doing. Maybe some, but not all. And I know how it feels when it happens, when somebody else is putting words in your mouth.

About #1, mental illness:

I find the enneagram books (Riso and Hudson) to be very useful and very detailed. They're useless if you have identified yourself as the wrong type, and you're trying to apply information that isn't relevant to you. I went several years, not being 'allowed' to decide on my own which enneagram type I was. I even took the test at the website, and it suggested I might be a type seven, but I ignored it, because 'the voices' had told me they thought I was a type nine, and later on, that I was a type six. They were the ones who decided which type I should think I was. So I could not use the helpful information in the book.

It is helpful because it can clearly articulate what you are afraid of at any particular moment. You might not really know what words to use to say what you're afraid of. One thing the type seven is afraid of is: being trapped in pain and deprivation. And this is very accurate,that, for instance, while apartment hunting, I was constantly worried about whether I would get stuck someplace that would give me more health problems, and once I had moved in, it would be impossible to leave, because I would be too sick to do anything about it anymore. And about housemates, I kept thinking I didn't want to be stuck with somebody who would be 'boring and depressing' and would monopolize all of my time by talking about things I wasn't interested in. And this is very different from the things that all the other enneagram types are worried about. I am not doing this book justice in my description. It is very specific and very detailed. The motivation for a type seven is that they want to be happy, and everything in their life has to allow them to be happy. Whereas the other types have some other motivation, and they don't care as much about happiness.

Here is an example of the difference between a seven and an eight. A type eight wouldn't mind becoming the CEO of a 'really boring' line of business. I recently saw a rock quarry, and thought to myself how boring it must be to do nothing but sort through gravel all day long. However, if somebody could get rich by doing this, then an enneagram type eight wouldn't mind running that business. A seven, however, won't usually do that, because they would rather do anything but get stuck forever in a boring line of work, just to get rich. They might be willing to get rich some other way, but they don't want to sacrifice the enjoyment of their job. They'd rather work someplace making slightly less money, but enjoying the work. 'Enjoying the work' isn't as important to an eight.

Well, all of the types can become unhealthy, if they are physically and psychologically abused, or if they are physically sick, or if their environment has a problem that affects them negatively, such as a war, or economic layoffs, or a family disaster of some kind - anything in the world that happens and has a terrible effect on you. 'Becoming unhealthy' can be temporary, and it goes away as soon as the stress is gone.

Physical sickness: This includes ADHD, hyperactivity, food sensitivities. I am a type seven, and I am food-sensitive ADHD. When I was a young infant, I used to abuse animals. My parents tell me that I used to sit on them, torture them, pull their tails, and do other cruel things to them. I did those things until they put me on the Feingold Diet, and I LITERALLY changed OVERNIGHT into a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON. I am using caps because I cannot emphasize this enough. I will say it again: I literally changed overnight into a completely different person. The Feingold Diet began working on the very first day that my parents used it.

There are other similar diets nowadays - I read about something called the Failsafe Diet. I don't like to recommend ONLY the Feingold diet, because you have to pay money to order their materials. I did, actually, in 2000 - I bought the materials. It's just like a three-ring binder of papers with detailed lists of which foods to avoid. Why is this hard-to-find information that you have to 'buy?' Because it is compiled from decades of observations and also chemical testing to find out which vegetables contain the most salicylate, and things like that. It is specific, detailed information not commonly known to the general public, and NOT AT ALL KNOWN by the doctors who want to prescribe pills for every ADHD or autistic child. Thousands of people using the diet have listed their observations. Again, I don't believe you should have to buy the information. I would be much happier to see it just posted on the web. They could find some other way to make money.

When you (a chemical-sensitive person) eat those foods, you become physically uncomfortable and miserable, and it affects the functioning of your brain. Some people can tolerate certain foods, but other people cannot. These ordinary foods contain chemicals that either affect your brain directly, or else they become changed into another chemical once they're inside your body, and the new chemical affects your brain. Some of these are natural chemicals in healthy foods like fruits and vegetables. It isn't all what we normally think of as 'chemicals.' It isn't some preservative or pesticide contaminating the foods, but instead, it can be the gluten proteins in wheat, the salicylates in fruits, the casein in milk, etc.

Any of the enneagram types can be food sensitive ADHD. If you know their enneagram type, you can watch how they go down the levels of disintegration after eating the trigger foods. The rest of the time, they might seem like a relatively nice, calm person.

*******

Recently the voices have been saying the word 'Mitzelplick.' I recognized that word. It was a character on The Superfriends cartoon from the 1980s. He is in the comic books too, but I haven't read those. His name is spelled Mxyzptlk, according to the Wikipedia article I read, but I think there is another spelling. I had to google it, and when I googled 'Mitzelplick,' it was always somebody struggling to find this character and not having any idea how to correctly spell the name.

He is portrayed as a hyperactive, evil, very powerful character who torments the superheroes. They say that he could immediately turn Superman into a pile of dust, merely by wishing to, but he doesn't have the willpower to actually do it. If he killed Superman, he would have nobody to torment, and he'd be bored and lonely. He has to always have somebody to abuse and harass, for entertainment. This is similar to a very unhealthy type seven.

Years ago, I used to go to chatrooms, and I would sometimes make fun of things that other people were saying. The people in the chatrooms didn't seem real to me. Every now and then somebody would get their feelings hurt for real, and complain about it, and I would feel guilty. There are some people in the chatroom who seem to be so drunk or so messed up that they can barely type, and I used to make fun of them, and even now, that doesn't seem like a big deal. But I'm talking about this example because I was doing that back in 2000 whenever I hadn't yet tried the Feingold Diet again as an adult. I started on the diet again, and noticed that I had much less of an urge to make fun of people in the chatroom. And nowadays, I don't get the bored-lonely-restless-irritable sensation very often at all, where I feel like arguing for the sake of arguing.

The computer hackers who harassed me over the years behaved exactly like this. I knew exactly who the voices were talking about whenever I started hearing the word 'mitzelplick' in my head recently - the hacking incidents fit that character. They torment people for entertainment, but it isn't the same as wanting to kill them or wanting to control the whole world. It is different from an unhealthy enneagram type eight. Petty tormenting is what many of the electronic harassment attackers are doing. And I wonder if some of those attackers are 'mentally ill' as in severely food-sensitive or chemical-sensitive, so badly that they cannot care about how other people feel. I don't know if it's as much of a 'system' sometimes, with a 'universal plan' behind it, or whether there are random people doing meaningless attacks for entertainment. And of course, it's probably both. So, there are many different types of people attacking, and many different motivations for why they do it. And the enneagram is helpful for understanding why all the different types of people decide to do evil things.

I also distinguish between different types of attacks that I experience. If I merely hear a voice in my head once or twice, that isn't as much of a big deal. Sometimes the voices say things that are informative, or funny, sometimes hilarious. Sometimes the people seem likeable. So it can still be a bad thing, but there are other things that are much more life-ruining: there is a constant stream of whispers that I hear, which I cannot avoid by driving away in my car. And whenever I silence my mind and try to think, the whispers immediately start saying things, and zapping me, and preventing me from thinking. This is a constant, all-encompassing, total destruction of a human being. THAT is much worse, to me, than a couple of incidents of somebody putting voices in my head. (*Note: sometimes the voices say horrible, disgusting, abusive, or terrifying things. This can be very damaging and it can destroy someone's self-esteem and it can be life-ruining as well. I am not experiencing that type of attack. The voices I hear are usually more 'benign,' when I can actually understand what they're saying.*) I mention that, because I think it's possible for somebody to have gotten hold of this equipment to put voices in people's heads, and they were doing it for fun and entertainment, but only occasionally, and there is a difference in how bad that is, how damaging that is, in comparison to the constant, unavoidable, life-ruining destruction of all thoughts and feelings, which always appears as soon as I try to quiet my mind.

I know that in the *cough* so-called 'criminal justice system,' they are supposed to make distinctions about how bad a particular crime is. Not all crimes are equally bad. If there's ANYBODY who I wish could be caught for their crime, and put in jail, and prevented from ever attacking anybody again, it would be the ones operating the large scale system, what I call the artificial intelligence, the voice that responds instantly to everything I do, the constant unavoidable surveillance, the constant music playing that never ends, the repetitive sentences that interfere with my thinking, the one that zaps me as soon as I quiet my mind. Other people might do voice attacks on somebody, and then break the habit and never do it again, and feel guilty about it. Those aren't the ones that I hate and want to put in jail.

There are different types of attacks and different levels of damage being done to a person's life. And there are different motives for doing it.

1 comment:

David Stock said...

It's pretty mind-blowing when you come the point of realization that there are actually people who behave like unthinking, unfeeling animals. Whatever the motive, I don't think there is ever a good enough reason for this kind of brutality.