Friday, July 3, 2009

Amish moving to Colorado? and, My browser cookies are just fine, thank you

My cookies WERE on. I got a message today saying they weren't.

The Amish are moving to Colorado, and leaving Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana, where the land prices have been increasing. I keep thinking of Galt's Gulch in Colorado and I also remember how much I loved Colorado when I visited it in 1989 for Odyssey of the Mind. Something about the weather and the air quality made me feel manically ecstatic, like the way you feel during a thunderstorm or in a cold front with blue skies and cumulus clouds.

I hope the Amish are not in an area that gets tornadoes. They're not used to tornadoes in Pennsylvania. Some parts of Colorado get them, in the flat areas.

1 comment:

eagledove9 said...

I made it sound like you can get an 'immunity' to tornadoes if you're around them a lot.