Tuesday, November 11, 2008

application

3:56 PM 11/11/08

I am using a little sjw again, so it will probably be an entertaining couple of days. (I don't know if there will be any temporary insanity this time or not.) I need to do something which is stressful and difficult: fill out job applications (well, just one in particular). In order to do that, I have to overcome hopelessness, helplessness, apathy, pessimism, lack of focus, lack of willpower, aches and pains, fatigue, and just about every other psychological/medical obstacle. (Somehow, 'the voices' seem to be okay with this so far, so they haven't been an obstacle.)

I talked to McDonald's, and the store manager has to talk to a higher level manager, who keeps procrastinating/postponing/delaying. They don't know if it's okay to rehire me after I was fired/quit last time. So I have kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this higher manager to answer.

So I am going to look for other places where I might get a job that fits with the schedule that I have in mind. I am planning to go back to a lifestyle that I had a couple years ago, where I worked three days in a row, with insanely long days, followed by four consecutive days off. That was the happiest time of my adult life. It's a long story, which I won't go into right now, about why I had to abandon that particular work schedule and go back to a normal five-days-a-week schedule.

If you can do it, it really is a wonderful thing to work only three days and then have four days off. In my opinion, that is the ONLY way to live. I mean it, it was the happiest recent time of my life. I did it before by working 12-hour days at McDonald's, but not every employer will let you work three 12-hour days in a row. So you can get two separate jobs if you have to. That's is what I'm trying to do right now.

I don't even try to work with the temp agencies anymore. If you were lucky enough to get hired full time, those jobs were too unstable, too vulnerable to economic bubbles. Those were always the speculative startup venture companies that went bankrupt within a year or two. You get hired and then laid off.

I put some sjw oil on my skin - I went back to trying to use it that way instead of inhaling vapors from the crushed leaves. It hardly seems to be having any effect at all. I think this particular batch has expired. It is having an extremely mild effect bordering on placebo. I guess that's better than having too strong of an effect.

I'm going to go get the application now...

No comments: