Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a theory on environmental contamination with pharmaceutical drugs

Pharmaceutical drugs are excreted through sweat. The sweat gets on clothing and contaminates the clothing with the drugs. In my experience, it's much harder to clean contaminants out of staticky, manmade fabrics like polyester, so they stay in those kinds of clothing longer - months, or years, even after repeated washings - again, based on my experiences.

Some chemicals don't enter the skin very easily, and so not all pharmaceuticals will be able to re-enter the skin if you wear contaminated clothing. In my experience, all volatile oils from herbs enter the skin, but I don't know much about prescription pharmaceutical drugs. They might be different from herbs.

However, a person could reingest the drug orally in microquantities if it were on the skin and clothing, if they touched their mouth directly or touched the food they were eating.

Over the past few years, I have had many experiences of getting secondhand drug exposure just by being around people who use prescription drugs or have used them in the past. I notice unusual symptoms that I've never seen before. I don't actually swallow any drugs orally; I don't say 'Hey, can I take some of your pills?' I just visit people and then I notice drug effects. It could be explained partly by the sweat excretion theory, as that would lead to long-term contamination of clothing and surfaces.

Also, merely handling the drugs will contaminate hands and whatever surfaces the drugs touch directly. I've had reactions in the past just by touching a bottle that held somebody's prescription drugs.

No comments: