Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Argh! Comments on Flickr? I didn't know!

I haven't used Flickr very much and didn't have it set up to notify me if anybody commented anything. So, la la la, people are commenting and I'm totally clueless, going my merry way and assuming that nobody knows that I exist. I happened to go into it today and I looked at one of my photos and saw that my brother had commented something about it. I noticed there was this one picture of a tree that had a lot of views. It's an illusion - happened by accident - where the tree looks like it's either upside-down, or growing out of the water, or something. Lots of people had taken a closer look at that photo, so I opened it up and there was a comment. Oh well, now I know.

It should be easier for me to get photos onto my PC now. A friend gave me a card reader and also a couple of little USB cigarette-lighter hard drive thingies. Usually, I had to load the photos onto my laptop, then burn them onto a CD, because I never did get a connection between those computers. (The photo software won't work on my PC, so I have to do everything on the laptop.) The card reader plugs into the USB port (I originally wrote UPC, oops) and it reads the memory card from the camera. I haven't tested it yet, especially because I have a stomach virus today and I'm just resting.

Anyway, if it works, it means more pictures, more often.

No comments: