Saturday, January 3, 2009

God, speaking verbally

I have an example of God talking directly to somebody in words. I have a Google book called 'Breaking Out Of Environmental Illness.' I haven't read all of it, but the bits that I've read are almost exactly like my own experiences. I disagree with some of the conclusions that they draw, and I disagree with some of their interpretations. But their experiences, the events that occurred, are just like mine in many ways.

Here is God:

page 8

"Three months later, during a six-week sick leave from work related to my environmental illness, I found myself praying to God. This was not something I did often." (*She was agnostic. Whenever you suddenly 'find yourself praying,' that means that somebody artificially forced you to do it. This has happened to me before.*) "I was bordering on atheism. But I was at a total loss. I just could not do this alone anymore, and I was unwilling to consider disability. Tears streaming down my face, I prayed for a partner who would understand my illness, be willing to tolerate my limitations, and maybe even help me get well."

"You can bet I was shocked to hear a loud, clear voice say 'You've already met him.' Robert's smile flashed before my eyes. I looked up toward the heavens. 'Robert?' I asked in disbelief. 'Yes' came the reply. 'But he's so weird!' I complained. 'That's him, my Dear' was the response, and the end of the communication, for the time being. Still, I did not contact him. Coincidentally (or not), we ran into each other four months later. Thus began our journey together."

If you talk nicely to the voices, everything will go well for you. But if you reject them, get angry at them, insult them, tell them that they shouldn't be talking to you and that they're committing a crime, tell them that you know they're humans instead of ghosts or gods, then they will punish you and make your life miserable. That's what happened to me. I've fought against the voices many times and they retaliate.

Anyway, back to reading......

No comments: