Saturday, November 6, 2010

Twitter

I'm on lunch at mcd. Not enough time. But I'm tweeting about Twitter. Comparing it to myspace. Can't even post a tweet in old version of opera. Why is it so hard? Isn't that merely a .php or something? I don't know much programming but I learned a teeny bit of HTML and posting a tweet should be easy. I can't use technical language to describe it. But I know a company is going the wrong way when web pages can't do simple basic functions that are the central core of what they are there for. For instance, the only usable myspace page is the mobile site. You can quickly check email in only a couple seconds. But even on high bandwidth the full sites email drags and drags forever and won't work at all in old browsers or alternative browsers or dialup. They're making a mistake by thinking dialup doesn't exist anymore... And it's so bad it can't even go fast on cable. Twitter is going down that same pathway.

I'd like to make my own site. Social network that promises function and simplicity without flashiness. We need a source of income other than venture capital, borrowed money, or advertising, but also want it to be free for most users. Plentyoffish.com is created by just one guy if I understand correctly. I'd write a wish list of everything I want, and what I want to avoid. No time now...

No comments: