Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fresh air deep in the woods. I don't have to live a modern life.

I had a wonderful experience yesterday, but I'm thumbing my iPod at work, so i can't type fast enough to tell it all in detail. I'm on my lunch break.

Yesterday after doing some more work on getting stuff out of the storage closet at my apartment, I wanted to take a break again. I decided to go see Super 8 again at the movies. I saw it Monday and LOVED it. It's even better if the theatre is full of people who are laughing along with you. When you leave the theatre, strangers look at you and smile. It's a feel good movie. The main character, Joe Lamb, is an EII personality type. I loved him. The writer of the movie must be an EII too.

But I was on my way to the theater, and I suddenly turned right instead of left, and went to look for water snakes at the fish hatchery. There were no snakes. I then went down a very long path that I've never walked down before, deep into the woods.

I walked very far, beside the creek. I would tell the whole story but I don't have time. It was beautiful. It made me desire so intensely to go live in the woods with a hunter gatherer lifestyle, which is what I've been longing for all this time. I want to have my babies in the woods, not in a house.

After I left, I still went to the movie again afterwards.

Today at work, during the most stressful moments, "they" suddenly made me remember how it felt to be in the woods. The air is fresh. Air in the forest is full of negative ions, which is why fresh air makes you feel good. I remembered the green dark light under the trees as the sun shone through the branches. I remembered wondering whichplants were edible. I would do it. I will make whatever sacrifices I must make to live my life the way I want. It's a gradual process. But I remembered that feeling while I was here at work and I realized, I don't have to be doing all this. I don't have to be here in this noisy place, wearing a uniform, letting the government steal taxes out of my paycheck so that they can kill Iraqis and Afghans and Libyans and everyone. I don't have to live this way. And I want to bring others along with me.

No comments: