Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stuttering: My experiences with chemicals, foods, or drugs that triggered it

One of the google searches leading to my blog was about stuttering.  If I recall, they were looking for a connection between personality types and stuttering, as in, does a particular personality type stutter more than others do.  I actually don't know the answer to that, but it made me want to comment about my own experiences with stuttering.

I used to talk in my sleep all the time when I was in college and when I was a teenager.  While talking in my sleep, I stuttered.  I would wake up, feel myself talking, and feel that I was stuttering.

It was connected with some foods and chemicals that I was exposed to.  I get shaky hands, and stuttering, when I am exposed to pesticides.  So it used to happen every time the landlord would spray for bugs in the apartment.  It also can happen if you live next to a farm that sprays pesticides on its fields.  I don't know whether things like wasp spray could cause this to happen also.  There was a guy who worked in the produce department who stuttered, when I was at Weis, and I think his stutter was probably worse because of all the pesticides he was exposed to.  I know that, for instance, the apple boxes were full of pesticides - I tried to get apple boxes to use to pack things in once, and I reacted badly to the boxes and had to throw them away.  So there are some pesticides in those boxes and on the fruits and vegetables in the grocery store.

I also think that drinking tea, ordinary tea, made me stutter.  I hardly ever drink tea, so I clearly notice the strange symptoms that happen when I do.  Tea sometimes makes me feel euphorically happy and glad to be alive, and I miss having that feeling, but I won't use tea or other drugs to get it.  But I'm pretty sure it also makes me stutter.  And, it gives me tonsil stones, tonsilloliths.  Lots of people on the net have wondered what causes tonsilloliths, and I have gotten them from drinking tea.  This is regular 'tea,' or camellia sinensis tea, not 'herbal' tea.

So, I'm sure that lots of other drugs and chemicals can trigger stuttering.  And I'm guessing that vaccines can probably do something to your brain that would cause stuttering.  There are so many things that vaccines can do to you, but I won't list them all here, because I only have a limited time on the net here at the library, and you can find everything on google.

So if you recently started stuttering, but you never stuttered before, it could be because of a vaccine, a drug, pesticides, or some other chemical you've been exposed to recently. I'm guessing it could improve if you use the Feingold Diet.

I've never tried to help anyone troubleshoot stuttering before, so I haven't gathered a lot of knowledge about it.

No comments: