Monday, June 13, 2011

went swimming

This is a quick post, since I only have ten minutes left, on my second login session at the library, so I can't log out and log back in again.

Today when I got up, I went to Howard Dam.  I went there a few days ago while finding out about camping rates.  I went there again and wandered around at the beach.  There were Amish people there.  If I had time, I'd tell more about them.  The women waded into the water while tightly holding the bottom hems of their dresses to keep the dresses out of the water.  They had to remain dressed and protect their modesty, unlike the boys, who were wearing ordinary swimming trunks (I didn't know that Amish boys were allowed to wear ordinary swimming trunks).  I don't know if the girls EVER go in the water, or if they just weren't allowed to go this time.  I felt sad when I saw that they couldn't go swimming, but had to stay dressed and modest.

I waded around the corner and left the official beach area, and went to a more secluded 'unofficial' area.  It wasn't surrounded by the floating ropes and buoys that say you're allowed to swim there.  I went to where no one could see me, and I took off my clothes and went swimming nude.  Going naked outdoors is becoming a strong part of my ideology, my official philosophy.  It is the heart and soul and spirit of my personal religion.  It was wonderful.

I got home and read about parasites, because I know I will be getting them, and I don't know how bad they will be.  I've had something that I thought was parasites in the past, too, and it made me very sick for a long time.  Merely going swimming or wading is usually the way I get them.  But I don't want to avoid swimming.  It was the most fun I've had in a long time, although it was sad that I was alone.  I envied the Amish people for being in a large group with their family and children.  I don't have that.

The descriptions of parasites were terrible.  I'm not afraid of them in a phobic way, like, for instance, I'm not frantically cutting myself open to try to remove the parasites myself, or anything like that.  But I want to know how people tolerate them and survive.  How can recurring parasitic infestations be managed in developing countries, where they must be getting parasites all the time?  I've read about herbal treatments, but I don't want to try them because of the toxic side effects, so anything that I do would be extremely cautious.  I'm going to just observe my symptoms - and yes, I do have some symptoms that I'm keeping an eye on.

But anyway, going out there and doing that made me really strongly desire to have a group of people who agree with me, people who are helping me live the way I want to live and eat the foods I want to eat and live off the land, live without money.  I want to be able to survive without using the government's money.

Time's up...

No comments: