Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nothing new this week. Took a walk, recovered from a stomach virus.

I think there's not much time left on my login session at the library, and I didn't do the 'hacked' login yet, so, if I have to, I can save this draft and do the fake login to finish it.  But I think it will be short enough that that won't be necessary.

I took a short walk yesterday at a new place, a path leading from Fisherman's Paradise towards the other fish hatchery on Shiloh Road.  I didn't go far, because I had a stomach virus and unfortunately had an emergency attack of diarrhea while I was out in the woods far from home.  That was inconvenient, but I survived.  The stomach virus was going around and around at work, and several of us caught it over and over for several days last week.  I think this time it was associated with people putting hog manure on the fields - I could smell it.  I associate stomach viruses with two things: large groups of people traveling in and out of town for holidays and football games, and, people putting liquefied hog manure on the fields.

If I had more time, I would rant about hog manure, about the reasons why people use it, and about the harmful effects of it, but I am not up for that argument today.  People use it because they are required to keep hog manure in a cesspool instead of flushing it down the drain into the sewer.  There should be some special sewage treatment method designed for hog manure so that we don't have to be stuck with people saving it up and then putting it on the fields.  I am sure that it is connected to outbreaks of viruses. 

Anyway, I went a little ways and then turned back.  I didn't go swimming anywhere and was too lethargic and miserable all day Monday to do much of anything at all, but I did get a few more boxes moved into storage, and every little bit of work that I do helps. 

I got to watch a tree fall.  There were some people cutting down trees in an area next to the path.  I watched it fall and it made a big, deep thud when it hit the ground.  It gave me conflicting feelings of pain and satisfaction - pain because I don't like to cut down trees, I don't like areas that don't have any trees, and I love the fresh air in the woods in the areas that are completely enclosed by trees - I want to build small cottages in the woods without cutting any trees down.  But still it is satisfying to do something so big as cutting down a tree, and then using the wood for something.  Personally, I would rather grow bamboo.  I've read about it and I don't feel as disturbed by cutting down bamboo as I do trees. 

Today I had a craving for milk, and I went to the Amish farm and bought some REAL milk again.  I can't drink it anymore because I've discovered that I have problems with all milk, not just bad quality milk.  It makes me constipated, even if the milk is fresh, raw milk.  So it tastes wonderful but causes too many problems for me.  I stopped drinking it and that was an unfortunate loss, because I always enjoy visiting the Amish farm and seeing their family and their lifestyle.  I may someday try other kinds of milk, like goats' milk.  But I have read on the net that other kinds of milk still cause constipation for some people.  I just got a half gallon and I will try to always eat some food with it instead of just drinking glasses of milk by themselves. 

So, I regret not getting to go out much this week.  I watched a movie called 'The Beaver,' with Mel Gibson, and I might watch another movie today.  Next week, my new work schedule will start - I'm going to work only four days a week.  Eventually I will get back down to three days a week, but for now, I still need the money.

I feel like this weekend was mostly wasted due to being so sick all day Monday, and even today, I still don't feel very energetic.

No comments: