Friday, June 24, 2011

Job slavery - trying again to post

Slavery and potential: I've been thinking about jobs and work and lifestyle and where we choose to live. Why, for instance, wouldn't I go to Nunavut or whatever it's called, in northern Canada, and live there?

I could live with the natives there, and hunt and fish for a living. That would be a primitive lifestyle and I could live without using government money, in a place where no one would ever come looking for me to force me to pay taxes on each and every animal hide that I tanned, or whatever.

But I would not be able to realize my potential to do things besides just getting food and keeping warm. I want challenges, but not just physical challenges. I want intellectual challenges too.

Here in the USA, I spend every hour working to pay slave bills: taxes and rent (or property tax, which is the same as renting land from the government - you don't own the land). All day, all I do is make food - which is exactly why people don't want to live a primitive lifestyle. What do I do? I make food all day long, except I don't keep my products - I give them to the government and the landlords (who cannot actually own the land, and must themselves also pay rent to the government).

It's true that I'm physically safer and healthier in some ways in a modern lifestyle. But I am still not able to realize my potential. I cannot learn all the things I want to learn, experience the things I want to experience, or create all the things I want to create.

I don't have enough time to write this, as I have to get ready for work right now. I'm thinking about it because I really dread going to work. I think there is moldy air coming out of the air vents in the ceiling. Everyone is tired and dopey. I also don't like the new uniforms. But I don't have time now, so I'll write more later. The point is that work has been even more painful and exhausting than usual. And I need to get new shoes again. I got some but they are too big. I want to get a second pair of shoes and wear them inside the first so that I will have a nonslip outer covering (the big shoes) on a pair of shoes that actually fit and are comfortable (the inner shoes). When my feet hurt it's even harder to stand up and walk around for eight hours.

I swear I will do whatever is necessary to reduce my official job hours as much as I can. I don't want to live this way and I also want to be able to support my children without relying on my husband's income. I must breastfeed and stay with the children, which means I can't work because of our stupid laws against bringing children to work or letting children work and get paid (unless they work on a farm). The illegality of child labor is the reason why people can't afford children. Children are forbidden to produce anything. Oh well, I have to leave.

1 comment:

Job slavery – trying again to post « Retmeishka | Today Headlines said...

[...] and fish for a living. That would be a primitive lifestyle and I … Here is the original: Job slavery – trying again to post « Retmeishka Share [...]