Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Throwing away stuff in the storage closet; saw X-Men and Adjustment Bureau

I've gone through a bunch more stuff.  I threw quite a few bags of things away.  Some of it was contaminated clothing.  Some of it was miscellaneous objects that weren't sentimental.  I'm keeping the sentimental items even if they are contaminated, and I will decide what to do with them later.  I'm taking pictures of a lot of the stuff I throw away, because I want to remember it, and so I can have some vague idea of how much this has cost me.  It doesn't hurt as badly as it used to when I throw things away.  I'm actually glad to be rid of a lot of it.

However, I do have a lot of stress while doing this, mostly because I get exposed to various chemicals while handling all of the stuff.  Some of my belongings have black mold dust still on them, and I get fatigued when I am handling them, and I get so exhausted, I have to take a break.  I have to take lots of breaks while sorting through things.  That is the reason why I ended up going and seeing a couple movies lately.

I usually don't go and see a lot of movies in the theater.  However, when I am going through a very stressful time period, I do.  I remember going and seeing the Half-Blood Prince over and over in 2009 when I was moving out of my apartment, if I recall correctly - I think that was the right time period when that movie was in theaters.  So, just recently, I have seen Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides (twice), X-Men - First Class, and The Adjustment Bureau.

I got the idea to see Adjustment Bureau from someone in the 16types forum.  A guy named Jarno recommended it.  I found that in the 'unanswered threads' section.  I should write an answer to it now that I've seen the movie.  I googled it and saw that it was about escaping from an evil system that controls everything you do, and the description strongly resembled electronic harassment.  I was correct - I LOVED the movie.  It even made me cry a couple times.  I would have loved it even more if I didn't have to go to the bathroom while I was watching it.  I couldn't leave the movie, even for a second, to go to the bathroom - I didn't want to miss a single moment.  Now that I'm not drinking caffeine, this isn't usually a problem, but it was today, for whatever reason.  I drank a lot before going to the movie.  I might watch it again if I get a chance.

I talked to Mom on the phone again today.  She wasn't quite as upset as last time, but she is still begging me not to move into my car.  However, I feel better about this decision than I ever did about anything.  I want to do it at least for a while, at least long enough to save a little bit of money for once, without working a second job (while not getting any sleep, being forced awake every couple hours and then lying awake for two or three hours every time they wake me up).  I just can't work a second job - it's too exhausting.  However, when I am settled down, I will once again look for jobs doing bookkeeping.  The lawnmower guy hasn't been talking to me, and I get the feeling he would rather do it later on when the busy season is over.  We can just go through the backlog later, if he still wants to contact me later on.  I think he has put a mental bookmark on this - I know how it is when it's not the right time for something because you're too busy.  He was extremely busy and overwhelmed.

I'm out of time...

I walked in to some of the campgrounds around here to see how much they cost.  Guess what?  Camping in a campground COSTS MORE THAN LIVING IN MY APARTMENT!  If you lived there a month, it would cost more.  That's insane.  'Insane' was the word I used to describe all the campground prices.  So, camping at a campground is not an option.

More later.

2 comments:

Eric The Baker said...

http://mashable.com/2011/06/12/seriouslymcdonalds/

oops....

yup gotta be a joke...

ps: livin in car will cost more than campin have you scene hoppiy volleys parkin rats!

pps: If Mom calls again send her a telehuggy from me and tell her I have been inundated with "gay equine feces" at work... aka happy horse shit!

Nicole said...

I can imagine that one of the Top Ten Mistakes Made By Newbies In Car Living would be: Parking next to a meter. Yeah, I'm definitely not going to do that. They recently started enforcing the meters later at night than they used to be, too, so now you can't even park there at, like, 10 PM.

I talked to Mom but I forgot to say hello. She wasn't in a good mood when I talked to her today.