Monday, June 20, 2011

Nick Cave sings the song 'O Children' that Harry and Hermione are dancing to

I looked up some of the lyrics, what little of them I could hear, and I found this song.  It's kind of a weird and interesting, deep song, something an NF personality type might write.  http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nickcavethebadseeds/ochildren.html

I thought the name 'Nick Cave' sounded familiar.  Well, I was right, he was who I thought he was.  I had heard his name before while reading about Warren Ellis, when I was looking at photos of men who grew long hair and kept it long even while going bald.  I've written several posts about this, and some people have been finding my posts about Warren Ellis and reading them, and reading my opinions about baldness - if I had more time, and if I had a specific goal to achieve, I would write more, and research more, about long hair, because that is one of my favorite topics, but I've been too busy doing other things lately to write about hair.  I also don't necessarily want to try to 'change the whole world,' but instead, I would focus more on telling a small group of people to grow their hair the way that I like, and let everyone else do what they want.

So anyway, Nick Cave is someone who worked with Warren Ellis.  It was an interesting coincidence.  I don't know what the song means, but it reminds me of the Nazis coming to get the Jewish people out of their houses to take them to the prison camps.  The song says 'there ain't nothing we can do to protect you' (the children).  I understand that.  The adults can't protect the children anymore.  It's something I can relate to, because of my own experiences, because nobody is able to protect me against the things that I need protection from.  And the Harry Potter characters were on their own, far away from their parents and the rest of the wizarding world, without any guidance, without Dumbledore, all by themselves, trying to solve a mystery.

I'll be watching the last movie when it comes out in July, of course.  Probably, I'll watch it several times.

No comments: