Saturday, July 9, 2011

Gulenko's two-letter system

I'm learning Gulenko's two-letter system of type names. My type is sensus profiteor, SP. I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I just wanted to say how excited I am and how grateful I am for this system. I also recently learned about dimensionality of functions, also from Gulenko. This is making me think that I need to read Gulenko's articles directly.

The two-letter system's words are so much more meaningful to me than things like "extraverted sensing." What IS that, exactly? But "factor" expresses it so much more clearly: they are fact-oriented. "Force" is also associated with this function in socionics. The F function says that someone has brown hair and blue eyes - these are visible attributes of that "object." I'd go into more detail but I don't have time.

F factor - Se extraverted sensing
I intueor - Ne extraverted intuition
P profiteor - Te extraverted logic
E emoveo - Fe extraverted ethics
S sensus - Si introverted sensing
T tempus - Ni introverted intuition
L lex - introverted logic
R relatio - introverted ethics

There are so many things that I like about this new arrangement. And I'm using the knowledge that I gained from learning about dimensionality of functions too. I wish I had more time to study and learn things instead of working... But that's in the not too distant future.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each arrangement. Some information is lost, but in a way, that's a good thing. This new way encourages me to think that, for instance, introverted ethics and extraverted ethics are just two completely different things, and not similar.

It's actually easier for me to type people now that I'm saying the word "profiteor" instead of "extraverted logic." I don't have to struggle to remember WHAT THAT IS. Instead, I know it's a decision making process where you decide what is profitable at a given moment, and it's not necessarily profitable in terms of money, but also just in terms of energy, waste, efficiency, worthwhileness, effectiveness, etc. The meaning is now much more clear. Thank you Viktor Gulenko.

No comments: