Saturday, January 22, 2011

bearded balding mullet

11:59 PM 1/22/11

Okay, I remembered the word on the way to work. 'They' reminded me. The word I wanted was 'mullet.'

The mullet is a frowned-upon, made-fun-of hairstyle. You cut the top short, but let the back grow long.

Some people shave parts of their heads and leave a long piece in the back. They call it a 'skullet' if you've shaved off most of your head and grown a mullet in the back.

A bald mullet or balding mullet is what I'm looking for. But I would call it a 'bearded balding mullet' because I require a full beard as well.

One website made words for each type of mullet. The 'skullet' is when you shave the top of your head deliberately. The 'forced skullet' is when you are going bald and you can't help wearing a mullet because the hair is gone from the top of your head. So he called it a 'forcekullet.' He also described a 'bullet,' a balding mullet.

I'm just going to call it a bearded bald mullet or bearded balding mullet. This is the required hairstyle for bald people.

No comments: