Tuesday, January 11, 2011

testing images

I was annoyed while trying to read a blog page that had a whole bunch of photos embedded in it - I was exploring a website in the Opera Browser community, and it was a website about photography. I was having a problem with my browser which I think is caused by the hackers, because it didn't happen when my computer was newly cleaned off and everything freshly installed, and it started happening a couple days after I started using the computer and surfing the net. It causes a problem with how pages are displayed while you're waiting for them to load. So I decided to test how to link images on the page so that I would know how to do it in a way that wasn't as annoying as the page that wouldn't load properly.

I grew natural dreadlocks starting in January 2009. I stopped using shampoo, any kind of shampoo at all, and only washed my hair with water. After a few weeks, it was sticky and greasy and I couldn't comb it even if I tried. The grease made it tangle together. I went for a long time seeing only 'greasy strings' before the roots started to form matted locks that looked like real dreadlocks. They formed on their own. I didn't backcomb them or use any special techniques at all. These are pure, natural, neglect dreadlocks.

It's the same picture over and over again while I tested different settings.

This is a test.
Here is the "img" button in the HTML tab.
This is nothing but the file. stringy hair before dreadlocks
this is a link to the media library page:
http://retmeishka.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=1858
this is "add an image" [caption id="" align="alignleft" width="449" caption="this is the caption"]stringy hair before dreadlocks[/caption]

same thing from 'media library', 'post URL': [caption id="attachment_1858" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="Post URL goes to a blog page where you can write comments."]This is a picture of me when I stopped washing my hair but didn't have locks yet.[/caption]

this is media library, file URL or whatever it was called: [caption id="attachment_1858" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="File URL links to a very big image instead of a medium-sized image."]This is a picture of me when I stopped washing my hair but didn't have locks yet.[/caption]

this is without URL: [caption id="attachment_1858" align="alignleft" width="112" caption="This is just a small thumbnail image that goes nowhere."]This is a picture of me when I stopped washing my hair but didn't have locks yet.[/caption]

see what happens

No comments: