Thursday, February 24, 2011

Now I can compare Martin's writing style with some other people's. I still have these old emails.

I have two ENFps that I am emailing now after placing an ad that requested ENFps. I don't know their enneagram types. The one that I thought was a Six is probably a Three. His predominant mood or recurring theme is: laughing at humiliating disasters and things gone horribly wrong; failures; being mortified. This theme has come up several times in his jokes. That is similar to something that I myself do and it's a Three theme. He has an energetic and bright feeling.

The other ENFp is giving off a sort of dull, moody, depressed, resigned, softer feeling. There is a feeling of grief and distrust and a slowness in opening up. He doesn't seem dark like a Four. I do still think he's a Nine, but I could be wrong. He seems to be oriented towards making things safer and comfortable, while also having trouble getting moving on a goal. He writes fewer words per letter. The other one writes a large number of words in a letter, just as I do, so we are writing very long high-density letters back and forth to each other.

So then I had to look on the PersonalityCafe forum - I'm not registered there yet, but I look at it because it has a higher population, more people than the one where I did end up registering, and I didn't think of that when I chose almost at random which one I would sign up for. I read a post by a male ENFp who was expressing some insecurity about his almost-gayness, while saying he wasn't gay, but he was a gentle effeminate kind of guy and had all the feminine traits instead of the typical masculine ones, and while I was reading this, I was extremely excited and saying 'will you marry me?' I wasn't registered there, but I had all these answers that I wanted to say, and none of the people replying to his message did a good enough job of it, and I knew I could answer everything and add a lot to it. But alas, it was posted a long time ago, not recently, in October 2009, and he also didn't post very many times either, so he must have gotten dissatisfied and left. I have a long history of falling in love with gay-ish guys, and reading 'I'm not really gay but it seems like I would be because blah blah blah' is a guaranteed way to make me say 'OMG! I want to meet you!' So I had a strong reaction to that person.

So then I had to look at Martin's emails. Now that I have been reading things written by ENFps, I have a better idea what to look for. It's possible he might actually be one and that was the reason why I felt the way I did. He told me he originally wanted to go into journalism, but decided not to, and journalism is the stereotype of ENFps - one of the names commonly given for that personality type is 'The Reporter.'

This is a nostalgia moment. I remember how I felt when he and I talked on the phone that one time. I remember the night that I hugged him. I have to keep trying with this - not with him in particular, but with the 'look for ENFps' theory. It really does seem to be working. I am not looking for specific enneagram types because it's hard enough to locate ENFps as it is without limiting it even further. But the enneagram type matters and I am wondering about how to find a Four. I am wondering if Fours are the ones that I like the most. They say there is an attraction between Threes and Fives, also.

I had to go look at Martin again though while this research was going on. Apparently, he is buried underneath a 'blanket of snow.' That's my interpretation.

No comments: