Sunday, February 13, 2011

The tattoo prank.

Okay, after I got home from work last night, I looked at his photos on my computer and when I look closely, I can see: the fabric weave, a neckline, and wrinkles on the arm. The skin tone is too perfect and uniform - it's perfectly peach everywhere, no red blotches, no changes in tone. He used to have freckles all over his skin, but the freckles are all gone. After waking up this morning and looking at it again, I am absolutely sure it's fake. I thought about it and realized that he would take weeks or months to get his whole torso covered completely in tattoos - it's not just one or two, it's his ENTIRE UPPER BODY AND ARMS in the photos, every inch covered in tattoos. He would be red and swollen and covered in bandages for months. It's true I haven't seen him in person for a while, but even so, this is very sudden.

I am not a tattoo lover. My reaction was, 'OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!' I was traumatized. I imagined that I would have to accept this and get used to it whether I liked it or not, and my opinion didn't matter to him and he would make his own decisions no matter what I said (which is actually true, but it didn't happen for real this time).

His pictures are private, so I can't put a link to them, but now that I know how to insert a photo in Wordpress, I think I will do that. You'll see what I saw.

He took the photo looking in a mirror, so there is a flash light reflecting off the mirror.





I'm going to test this and see if those images linked the way I wanted them to....

The reason why I believed this is because he already has a couple of tattoos, and I know that he and his family really are tattoo lovers. But he has a relatively small number of relatively small tattoos in only a couple of places. His mother has lots of tattoos all over her shoulders and upper body too, a lot more than he has. So it was believable. I know this is something that he probably would like to do or has considered doing.

But when you look closely at the detail of the photos, you see: a fabric wrinkle on the arm; the weave of the fabric on the arm; no nipples or navel on the torso - they're totally gone - no freckles or skin color changes or hairs, no red blotches or irregularities in the skin. And he has a coat on over it, because I'm guessing the shirt fabric stretches over the armpits, and you'd be able to see that his armpits were covered up. He usually has good artistic taste, and it looks ugly to be wearing that old coat over top of his 'tattoos.' If he really had real ones, he would take the coat off and show his whole body like they do in the tattoo magazines - he wouldn't be partially covered up.

I am convinced now that it's a prank. That fits with his sense of humor.

But I was really traumatized for real yesterday, and since I was already in a lousy mood (PMS) it made me really depressed and I wanted to cry even more. I am glad to know it's not real and I'm getting over it. But still... the point is that this is something he probably wants to do someday...

No comments: