Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This wasn't where I was!!!!!!

I SWORE I was working on another blog's settings, NOT RETMEISHKA. I was struggling with all the bullcrap of changing settings and changing the way it looked. I was trying to add a tag cloud, but I wasn't on THIS blog. Then I looked at this blog and everything was gone and there was a huge tag cloud that I didn't want! All my pages were gone, all the old links and the usual stuff was gone, and I don't like changing things and messing things up. I am extremely annoyed. I wasn't changing a universal setting. Now that I have let the cat out of the bag, I might as well say that I was making a separate blog about nothing but long hair, and its URL is http://longnaturalhair.wordpress.com. I was already annoyed before that, because I had to pick a theme for the blog, as in, pick how it was going to look. I just wanted the default theme, the simplest theme possible. I was having a hard time finding that default theme because it gave me a list of 'random' themes, and I had to click 'Most Popular' to find the default theme. I had a theme with a hard-to-read font that I didn't like, but the only thing I wanted to do was change the font, but I found out, YOU CAN'T DO THAT! You have to sign up for some website called TypeKit, which has a 30-day free trial of fonts! And if you try to change the CSS yourself, it lets you preview it but not change it forever. The only way to change a font is to change the entire theme. So I did that and put it on Kubrick, the default, the one with a blue box at the top. I added the tag cloud, as I said, only to discover when I looked back at Retmeishka that it had somehow been changed too, when I was trying to work on the long hair blog instead. AAAAAAHH!

No comments: