Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I missed the eclipse

Last night, I looked early in the night to see if the sky was cloudy. I was able to see the moon before the eclipse. Then, later on, several times through the night, I looked out the window. It LOOKED like the sky was cloudy. I couldn't see any stars. I was very tired and didn't want to get up, but if I were able to see the moon, I would have. So I thought it was good enough just to check out the windows. It really looked like the sky was cloudy. I couldn't see any stars. So I thought it was going to be impossible to see, and I didn't actually go outside to look for it.

But this morning, the sky is bright and perfectly clear. Last night it looked like the entire sky was completely covered in thick stratus clouds, but right now there's nothing at all. That seems unusual. It makes me wonder if the sky was actually clear all night long?

Maybe the sky was clear, but there was enough smoke or fog out that it looked a little bit cloudy when I looked out my window. There are lights shining around the area, since I'm next to the town of Bellefonte, so maybe those lights were shining on the little bit of fog or smoke and blocking out the stars, but not the moon. I don't know. And I'm not sure how to find out what LAST NIGHT'S weather was for the area. I'd just have to ask other people if they were able to see it.

No comments: