Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Type Eight

They're trying to suggest that the writer of the hebephilia journal is an enneagram type eight.  That's probably right, but I don't know him well enough to be sure.  He would react badly to my blog, because I'm saying 'Everything that you know and believe about reality is wrong.'  Talking about mind control makes people react that way.  It causes intense fear to imagine that it could be true.

I was actually looking for Eights to see what they're like in the real world.  I know one of them - he was an entrepreneur.  I used to work for him before his dotcom went bankrupt.  Lyra in Northern Lights / The Golden Compass seems to be an Eight.  (I just finished that book and will soon read the next one, The Subtle Knife.)  Judith Swack is an Eight.

If you know someone's enneagram type, you can better understand why they do what they do.  It helps you have more compassion for them if you feel like you're being attacked.  I don't like fighting with people about going to the doctor, but I understand that someone would not want to be told that we are all vulnerable to being attacked and spied on all of the time and there's nothing we can do about it.  It took me years to get through it after the attacks began, the feeling of being constantly vulnerable and traumatized.  And yes, I still am constantly vulnerable, but I don't react as strongly as I used to, or rather, it was worst in the beginning.  It's always bad to be a TI (targeted individual) suffering from electronic harassment, but if you stay away from drugs, you can at least survive it.

The helplessness comes from 'There is no authority.'  There is no authority figure to turn to for help.  Doctors can't help, police can't help, government can't help, religion can't help.  We all wish that we could just say, 'go to a doctor and it will get better,' whenever something terrible happens.  Like I was talking about the other day, when I said that I myself had sometimes called the police (even though I see that as a last resort) because of the one time when the Asian guy came into Uni-Mart and nobody could understand what he was saying, and he was extremely upset and crying, like something bad had happened, so I called the police to get a translator.  Or I might call the police if I see a car accident or something.  You see something terrible going on, you don't know what to do about it, and your first response is to call the authority figure that you think is supposed to be able to help.  People think 'hearing voices = call the doctor.'  But it doesn't work.  They can't get rid of the voices.

2 comments:

hebephile said...

I'm probably not a type 8. More likely to be a type 5.

Look, I'm not saying that a doctor will get rid of the voices. I'm saying that he/she will have the knowledge to make sure that you're okay. Whether or not this applies to you, you have to realise that some people who hear voices are schizophrenic, and some people who are schizophrenic are a danger to themselves and others. Doctors can help with this, either with treatment or just with advice on how to cope, and when to seek further help.

I'm advising that you go for a simple check up. Tell your doctor that you hear voices, see what he/she says, and then respond as you think is appropriate. What have you got to lose?

retmeishka said...

I already did go to the doctor years ago, and that's kind of how this started... but I don't have time right now to explain since I'm on my way to work.

...more later