Saturday, September 4, 2010

A toenail in the door

I'm using my new iPod, so expect some typos. I have to type with my thumbs.

Curtis seems to have left Weis. He did several no call no shows. However, on the last day I saw him, I gave him a note with money for the first time. He took it and was happy about it. I had offered to help him with money several times so he knew to expect it. I don't have time to write much with my thumbs - I have to go to mcd to work. I'm using their wifi right now.

The toenail in the door: I emailed his girlfriend. I asked her if I could be sort of a "family friend" to them both, and she said that would be wonderful. A week or two ago I gave them an act of goodwill. Curtis Carrie and Jayme went through drive thru and started arguing because the credit card didn't work for their small purchase of sweet tea. I covered it out of my pocket. Carrie said are you sure and I said yeah it's okay. She understood the goodwill. I don't have lots of money but the concept is that i am symbolically supporting her and Curtis and Jayme too. She was in a better mood with me after that.

I am going to write and negotiate with her. I am frantic. I knew my heart would break when he left. I knew he'd leave because this is an unstable job environment. Everyone leaves except the rare few who stay for 20 years. It's always a conflict with a manager or nocall no shows.

I have this one small hope of keeping him in my life and bonding more deeply if I go through Carrie. He still almost never answers calls or messages.

I am the family friend who wants to fuck your husband. I don't know how I'll negotiate that. But it's all I have.

Gotta go. Thumbing is so slow.

No comments: