Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Email Tampering?

My email-related paranoia has been pretty bad the last couple days. I sent an email to a girl who I used to work with at Uni-Mart. I hadn't emailed her in years, but I saw her recently when I was out getting something to eat. So I emailed her to check if the address was still working.

I got a reply from her saying something along the lines of 'thanks for saying hello but I don't recall working with anyone named Becky.'

Becky? My email is set so that my name shows the sender as Nicole Binns. I clearly wrote the name 'Nicole' at the bottom of the email.

I wanted to contact her again because she and her boyfriend/husband are fellow 'conspiracy theorists,' and I wanted to continue networking with them.

I also got a couple emails with the guy I was trying to reach over the past month, but then got cut off again, and there are no more replies. I knew that was going to happen. As I said before, I was very grateful for the communication, even if the content of the message was negative. I wanted to communicate about what needs to be done, and set official boundaries, and I wanted to understand why he is behaving as though something is very wrong whenever I see him.

I get phone calls from automated recordings, and I wonder if real people are trying to call me, hearing the answering machine, and then getting rerouted someplace else whenever they try to record a message, and the message I hear comes from the telemarketing companies. The phone system is corrupted/hacked, not just by the government, but by other hackers as well. Anything that involves computers is hackable. And they found out that the government was spying on these big internet servers, and I forget the details - there was some story about a tech guy who helped build a little 'secret room' where the networking cables went, and they had something in there that was listening to ALL of the internet traffic that went through. This was a year or two ago that the news story came out, I forget when.

Cell phones are hackable too. They run on software, and I have had things that seem like viruses and other problems on my cell phone, and bizarre phenomena. I have read about cell phone hacking. My phone no longer lets me send text messages, but I can sometimes receive text messages. I don't bother using it much for anything except long-distance calls or calls when I'm driving on a long trip somewhere.

I've heard stories that other TIs experience physical mail problems too. If the post office uses any computers to route anything, it could be hackable, but I don't know how it works. If it's important enough, people can just 'hack' the postal workers themselves, especially the ones who are using psychiatric drugs, because they are easier to control. Some person might think, 'I'm putting this letter into Slot S for Fred Smith,' but then, their hand automatically goes towards Slot J for Sally Jones instead. That might sound ridiculous or oversimplified, but that is how humans can be tricked into making simple mistakes that will screw things up. Since I've experienced external manipulation, I'm pretty sure this can be done.

The new mail delivery is going to be as cheap as we can make it. It's going to be some ordinary person driving a car to the next town, and dropping off their letters at some central pickup location, for the other people in the network to go pick up themselves - the real-world, face-to-face, in-person group of people who know each other and want to exchange mail. These are people who can walk up to you and say, 'I was expecting to get a letter, and I didn't receive it. What happened?' And then real, trustworthy, familiar people can go and find out. You don't have to go explaining to the postal service that you suspect their computers were hacked or that you think some postal employee got controlled like a puppet and was forced to misroute your letters.

That's assuming there will be a large enough number of people involved. I've been meeting real-world people, but it's very slow, because each new person has to get acquainted slowly, and I can't go meeting and getting to know thirty new people every day. It's overwhelming. I tried using a dating website, but the number of new emails is so much that I cannot even answer them.

(I have been thinking of writing a blog about 'the perceived shortage of women.' You don't have to be beautiful or interesting. You can be downright weird, scary, or blatantly ugly, and yet, merely being female, you will receive dozens of emails if you go to a dating site. I am going to change my profile so that it has a more goal-oriented message, as in, 'We have to do XYZ together, so fill out this form and we will schedule an interview.') 'The Perceived Shortage of Women' is also a blog about polyamory/polyfidelity, because polyamory helps with the shortages of any scarce type of person, no matter what is scarce about them, whether it is their physical appearance, something in their personality, or anything at all.

I could not quite accept polyamory as an official belief system, for a while, until Diana Leafe Christian mentioned it at the very end of Finding Community. She said that polyamory/polyfidelity tends to occur in intentional communities and it's something you should be prepared for, so you know whether or not this community is right for you. Now I've been reading more about polyamory - it doesn't necessarily mean that you go out and have sex with a different person every night. It can mean that several people marry each other and all of them help raise the children, instead of having only one husband who has to pay ALL of the bills, and when he gets laid off from his job, the entire world collapses. Since there WILL be more layoffs, this situation is going to happen again and again as the economic bubbles destroy our society (over the next few decades). Polyamory looks like a much more secure way to raise a family.

(Polyamory is a general, catch-all term. Polyfidelity is a little more specific. I'm only learning about this recently, so I'm not sure which term to use. I was always going this direction anyway, because several of my significant relationships have been with married men. But it wasn't 'Official Policy' until recently.)

I love the song 'Hey There Delilah,' and apparently everybody else loves that song too, because it's very popular. I heard it on the radio whenever I was in a tender mood and I felt like crying. It was the sound of devoted love in his voice - the sound was real and sincere. So I looked it up on the internet and found out that Delilah is a real person, and he was trying to get with her, but she said 'I already have a boyfriend.' It made me angry that somebody got rejected based on the excuse that she can't possibly have more than one boyfriend at a time. This was right after I had started reading about polyamory.

Anyway, as for the email tampering, my name isn't Becky, and I didn't mention anyone named Becky in the letter I wrote to her. I don't even know if people can find my blog, or if it conveniently disappears whenever someone wants to read it. And I had given someone a handwritten note, but somehow that didn't help either. And of course they had to slip a 'secret message' into the note, which was NOT my intention, because until recently, I never really knew that numbers had secret sexual meanings, except for the number 69, so the number I wrote was accidental, and I started hearing voices talking about it afterwards. That number happened to be the real number of emails at the time when that note was written. It was not intentional. I don't like all this secret-crypto garbage - I like to communicate openly. I'm not interested in secret symbols and hidden meanings - to me that seems deceptive and dishonest. I am going to point to the Myers-Briggs type again and remind everyone that I am an ISTP, a literal-minded type, not a secret-symbol type.

No comments: