Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lyra and Will in the land of the... huge spoiler warning

10:30 PM 6/29/10

There are drug residues on the chairs at Barnes & Noble. Every time I sit in the cushiony chairs, I get a reaction.

Okay, I could barely stop reading, but it was time to leave because B&N was closing. This is a huge spoiler. I don't know if anyone else has read those books yet, but I am in The Amber Spyglass right now. Lyra and Will are in the land of the dead. I had to stop reading it and leave. They had just gotten on the boat and gone across the water, and their hearts were breaking.

I somehow knew when Roger died that they were going to save him somehow. But I believed that they were going to go back through time to the moment of his death, and catch him before he died. It's not turning out quite that way. I'm not sure what exactly they will do, but they are going to find him right now. And I had to leave!

So that explains why I've been talking about death.

(*I heard voices telling me it wasn't a preoccupation with 'death' so much as it was about 'blood.' That was referring to the previous blog post, about C's 'goth' style pictures and vampire-like images. I don't recall actually seeing any vampires there, but he told me that he was reading the Twilight series books because someone else had told him to, and I don't recall who told him. (Yeah, that goes against the 'he can't read' theory, I know.)*)

Then, on my way home, the voices urged me to write 'Run, Atreyu, run!' as my facebook status. I decided against it. It's a similar moment in a movie, where a character gets through a terrifying, impossible gateway, makes a transition, and reaches something similar, a land of the dead, a place where everything is dead and gone and they have to start over, and you meet someone who's been with you all along, like how Lyra's death was with her all along, hiding.

*********

This has no connection to anything at all, except for the fact that I was at Barnes & Noble, and I saw Justin Bieber again. They suggested that I should write a blog entitled, 'Justin Bieber is the only boy for me!' He really is the *ONLY BOY IN THE UNIVERSE*. His face is the only face on all the magazines. I wonder about him. I've never read his biography, so I don't know any of the story, but I'll probably look him up on Wikipedia.

Here is my impression. I can't stand his hairstyle, but they do it that way on purpose, because nobody else has that uniquely recognizable hairstyle. Nobody's copying that hairstyle, and with good reason. It's awful, but it's officially declared to be a great hairstyle, because his face, and his hairstyle, are on ALL THE MAGAZINES. I think that a lot of people KNOW that it's an awful hairstyle. It's like they enjoy secretly humiliating him. He seems like a puppet and a victim. Who is getting rich? Probably his mom. There was a picture saying his mom was his best friend, and they had their arms around each other. I'll read his wikipedia entry and see what it says. I might get more impressions after that. When I say 'he's a puppet and a victim,' I actually mean that in the conventional sense, the way most people mean it. He's a puppet of the media, doing what they want, doing what his handlers want, a victim, a slave, somebody earning money for someone else, and he probably doesn't benefit much from it. What's going to happen to him in the future?

They've artificially put his face everywhere. It's arbitrary. Somebody decided that his face would be on all the magazines, the same way that Bill Gates said there would be a PC on every desktop. It was somebody's vision. They set out to do it, and they did. Why aren't there any other boys in the world? There are only a couple of familiar faces on ALL the magazines. They don't like variety very much. Justin Bieber is everywhere, and so is the guy on New Moon who cut his (fake) hair off and became a werewolf, and was a LOT less attractive after cutting the long hair, and all they ever show of him is the short-haired version, and he never grows long hair in the real world. I guess he is keeping his real hair short in the movie anyway, and he's continuing to make the movies, so he wouldn't be able to change it or grow it long again. And I thought he was ugly to begin with, his face, but the long hair was the only redeeming thing about him, and now that that's gone, I see no reason to look at him at all, but he's all over the magazines too. (Sorry, long rambling sentences. I'm very hyper again tonight. I've been drinking coffee with cream, and the cream is giving me a rash on my face. I know that's what's causing it, because that's the only thing I've been doing differently lately, and I keep getting hives all over my face.)

I feel sorry for Justin Bieber. How long until 'they' decide to destroy his fame, throw him down and replace him with someone else? If they could just set out to put HIS face on all the magazines and make him king of the world, why can't they just decide tomorrow to make someone ELSE the king of the world? There is nothing special about Justin Bieber that would justify or explain the reason why HE, and he alone, and no one else, is the king of all the magazines. Somebody chose for it to be that way, so it was.

Now I'm really curious to read about him. I've never listened to his music, but I'm guessing it sucks. I'm picky about music, so I'm pretty sure I won't like his. Who knows.

Okay, I just read about him on Wikipedia.  I'll have to listen to his music sometime when I'm on a computer that can download music, because I can't do it very well on dialup.  I've probably heard some of the songs and not known who sang them.  After reading about him, I feel like his fame is more legitimate than I thought it was originally, and he might actually have talent.  He was popular on YouTube before anybody actually paid him to sing.  His mom might not be an evil handler stealing all his money, after all.  But he is still a child celebrity, and they don't ever have easy lives.

No comments: