Monday, May 30, 2011

60 days till I'm out of the apartment

Today I went through a couple of boxes of old papers. I also got rid of some contaminated clothes. I was going through a box of papers and I noticed that every single thing in there was junk mail. Then I got to the bottom of the box and was finding things like wads of plastic, grocery bags, wrappers, paper, and bits of food. I realized that I had been sorting through a garbage box that had been the result of a previous sorting of papers in some other box. That explained why everything in there was garbage. Oh well, I had to make sure.

Then I went through another box with things like bills in it. I was always told to save my old electric bills and things like that. The only time I've ever needed them was when I was applying for the low cost medical care (long story) at Centre Volunteers in Medicine. But I save them anyway. They are supposed to prove you have been a resident someplace for a length of time.

I feel better after having gotten a tiny bit of work done today. I have 60 days until July 29th when I have to move out. I can still work slowly right now. I can do it without panicking or pressure. I'm writing the number of days left on the calendar so that I will remember to keep working on it. I'll have an idea how much time is left and how much more I have to do.

No comments: