Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I see:

The parasites - when they destroy the world that creates the things they steal, there is less and less for them to steal. The parasites fall when they destroy the world beneath them. They make it impossible for the slaves to make the things the parasites steal. It is friction. It is heat. Even the parasites notice that things are getting more expensive and that they don't make them like they used to. There is less and less for them to steal.

It is not the lack of resources. It is the friction of the system.

I can't open the PDF on this computer. Some of them open, some don't. I read about the guy who wrote it. I'll just read it somewhere else eventually.

We did not change that much since the time not too long ago when 'all was well.' We changed only the system.

That guy was calculating the relative prices of various asset classes. It's the same as what I was saying about an excel spreadsheet that I would want to make with the ratios of the prices of things. But he says they revert to the mean. I don't agree. The mean is a line on the graph. I will have to see more of what he is talking about.

He doesn't have a price that calculates the cost of 'waste and destruction.' He doesn't have a price that calculates the cost of 'parasites and thieves.'

I know he's predicting bubbles. He is probably right with that. It's the same kind of thing where I agree with Rick's lifestyle choices even though I don't agree with one particular belief behind them. This guy is missing something.

When the real estate bubble collapsed, it had other effects. Derivatives became worthless. There is going to be something specific, something esoteric, that connects one collapse to another. They were predictable, but not because of lines on graphs. Someone talked about derivatives before they crashed. They said derivatives were an accident waiting to happen, and there were reasons why, and those reasons were foreseeable because the derivatives were poorly designed and poorly planned. No, I don't remember anything about who it was or what they said. It wasn't because of averaging anything and it wasn't because of calculating anything statistical.

Jeremy Grentham is going to see the cost of things all going up and up and up together. He thinks that means we're using up all the resources. He doesn't see it as the parasites creating more and more friction and waste.

Deflation is always there. It is poorly understood. It is poorly planned for. How strange it will be.

How long until I have another 'crazy attack?'

No comments: