Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nutraceuticals; obesity; removing references to someone; wireless radio causing insomnia

7:04 AM 5/4/11

I am doing a thankless job this morning. When I say it is thankless, I mean that I WANT it to be thankless. I am up early for a couple of reasons, much earlier than I want to be up. Anyway, whenever I deleted and edited the stuff on the forum, 'they' gave me a vision of someone handwriting the words 'Thank you' to me. But I objected to that. I do not want to be thanked for undoing something that someone forced me to do, which never should have been done in the first place. There is a sort of cold silence that I ought to receive instead. I don't know what the word is for that. Removal of an injury or removal of an attack is not something that anyone should be thanked for. For instance, nobody should thank the United States troops for getting out of Iraq. Nobody should thank the USA for shutting down Guantanamo prison. That kind of thing. It is something that never should have happened in the first place.

So I am removing referenced to RDL's full name on my blog. I left one reference which I thought might be harmless, when I was talking about examples of people who I thought were EII (and then I wrote that it turns out he was an IEE). I took out other references. They will still show up on google until google refreshes the cache for those pages.

Then I removed an epithet which could potentially damage his reputation.

These were both things that 'they' were telling me to do this morning.

I could potentially also rewrite or remove sections where it wasn't just one word, but an entire idea that was wrong. For instance he told me in the email that my entire concept of his relationship with his wife was completely wrong. But I haven't done that yet. I just removed the easy-to-find stuff first.

When I went to my email, I saw a spam for Lumiday. I often get spam letters from the hackers; I figured this was something they wanted me to talk about. It turns out Lumiday is some kind of 'natural' sleep enhancer; it might be like melatonin. I tried melatonin several years ago. It worked, but I don't remember why I stopped using it.

Using wireless networks, sitting next to a computer that's sending out wireless signals, will cause insomnia. Also, using a cell phone will cause insomnia. Those are not the only causes of insomnia. They are just things that I happen to be remembering because I have experienced them very recently.

About herbal pills and 'natural' stuff and nutraceuticals: This is a big subject. I have an opinion about it, and this is only coming from the suggestion that 'they' were giving me, because I said something in an email which could be potentially - disturbing, to someone.

I'm not sure where to start.

'natural' isn't natural
natural isn't safe
natural substances are still 'drugs' (if people are buying something natural to avoid using the word 'drug' as a negative epithet)
synthetic vitamins are dangerous
dosages are too high
nutraceuticals are dangerous or have side effects
I would rather troubleshoot the cause
everything in a pill has been processed somehow; it might contain other chemicals
I, and other people, can have reactions to natural drugs

I'm not sure what to argue AGAINST, because I'm not talking to anyone in particular who has expressed any particular belief or opinion. It's helpful to argue against a particular opinion that someone has expressed.

What the hell does it matter what I think about someone I will never meet? This is all just some kind of torture that they are forcing me to go through, and sooner or later, they will just drop this guy and force me to obsess about someone else. It won't even matter what opinions I express about his lifestyle. I cannot even verify that the suggestion that the hackers gave me is true. It's possible that it is, but I can't verify it.

Besides, I can't offer a better solution than that one. Out of all the possible options for what to do about not sleeping well, that one is better than some of the other possible choices. Like I said, I tried melatonin myself and it worked, but apparently it had some kind of side effect that I didn't like, which I don't remember, because I stopped using it.

I don't have a way to troubleshoot sleep problems, when so many of them are caused by electronic harassment. I don't have a shield to block out whatever zap signal it is that they send to force you to wake up over and over again throughout the night. This is being done to huge numbers of people, not just people who are consciously aware of being 'targeted individuals.' Some of the attacks might be an unintended effect of something that isn't meant to be an attack, like cell phones or something. Those might be involved in the forced awakenings phenomenon. I'm not sure what causes the forced awakenings.

I also don't know how much exposure to wireless networks is needed to disturb the sleep. Do you have to be sitting right over top of a laptop that is sending out signals very strongly while you're right next to it? How far away can you sit from the laptop before the signals stop causing problems? The strength of the signal decreases very sharply as you move only a couple feet away from it, but I don't know how much is needed to give the 'brain burn' phenomenon. But yes, insomnia is definitely connected to using cell phones and using computers that send out wireless signals. I won't just say 'using wireless,' because if you were only receiving, not sending, then you would not be as close to the source of the signal, so you would be standing in a weak electromagnetic field, a weak radio signal, and it would be less disturbing.

Cell phones are able to spontaneously send out signals while they are just sitting there not being used. If you were being truly paranoid, then the best thing to do to test this is remove the battery from the cell phone. And again, I don't know whether a cell phone sending out a blast of radio is strong enough to wake someone up when the cell phone is all the way across the room. It might be, it might not be. I'm not a cell phone hacker and I'm not one of the murderers who likes to force people to wake up and does things to ruin people's lives. So I don't know the details of how strong of a signal is needed from a cell phone. This is only theoretical and I haven't been able to test it yet. But yes, people do hack cell phones, and they can theoretically be forced to send out signals when they are not being used. So removing the battery is a way to test it.

Theoretically, a wireless laptop might also 'spontaneously' (when hacked, or when malfunctioning, or when doing one of those mysterious things that computers are programmed to do for unknown reasons) send out a signal while it's turned off, since, a lot of the time, those things aren't really even turned off completely, and they are still doing something. So, to test it, one would have to remove the battery from that, too.

The insomnia phenomenon, and the forced awakenings phenomenon, is something that requires a lot more research and troubleshooting and it will probably require lots of esoteric knowledge that I don't have yet.

I don't like just commanding people to do this or do that, without helping them solve the original problem that they were trying to solve. I don't want people to just stop using something that helps them, and then, just live without sleep!

Yesterday 'they' were giving me a strange, disoriented, unfamiliar feeling associated with the idea of what causes obesity. It was a feeling that I had formerly been sure about something, but now, I had to start from scratch, from the beginning, to learn something unfamiliar, without having much guidance about where to begin. And if you just google the causes of obesity, the first few results are just mainstream crap.

Mainstream medicine and mainstream media are the sources of most of the clueless beliefs about obesity. I started looking at this because I saw a news article on google news talking about Michelle Obama doing some kind of dance routine with elementary school children, or something, to advocate an 'active lifestyle' for the purpose of fixing the problem of obesity.

I have been insisting for some time now that obesity has very little connection to 'gluttony and sloth.' I would go so far as to say, rather strongly, that obesity has HARDLY ANY connection to 'overeating' and a 'sedentary lifestyle.' In fact, it is almost useless to say it has any connection AT ALL to those things. Almost.

I have chronic fatigue, and there have been many years when I have been the most slothful person imaginable, sitting around indoors playing computer games and eating junk food, working at jobs where I sat down in front of an office computer all day long, and I haven't gained a pound. If there is only one exception to the rule, then the rule must be questioned. You can't say that a sedentary lifestyle 'causes' obesity if you are seeing lots of sedentary people who don't gain a pound. (I am now writing whatever BS 'they' are forcing into my head. Someone else is writing this in an 'absolute' style that I do not like. It reminds me of someone using introverted logic, someone who uses 'skepticism' and 'criticism,' someone who - I can't think of it. I am having a conflict over speech style with one of the voices.)

Some of my questioning of obesity was the result of my own observations and my direct thinking process. I noticed that some people had to EXPEND EFFORT to FORCE THEMSELVES to lose weight. This was a direct observation that I made firsthand. Other people around me would complain about how they had to go on a diet. Meanwhile, I myself wasn't expending any effort at all. I effortlessly, comfortably ate whatever I felt like eating, whenever I felt like eating, without any conscious thought, without any pain, without worrying, yet never gained any weight. It seemed unfair. Why was it effortless for me to maintain my weight and stay thin, while other people around me were constantly complaining about all the pain, strain, and consicous effort that they had to apply, 24 hours a day, all day, every day, to make sure that they didn't eat too much?

Why was it that I myself didn't have any DESIRE to 'overeat?' Why would some people have the urge to 'overeat,' but other people don't? Where does that 'urge' come from? What causes you to get the urge?

I react most intensely with anger whenever I read the mainstream culture's description of what causes obesity. They act like it's nothing but a mathematical formula and it's perfectly simple. 'Obesity is caused by an imbalance of calories. You become obese when you burn fewer calories than you take in through food.' This is blatantly, totally, extremely, horribly WRONG. You might just as well say that obesity is caused by, I don't know. Living in a house that was painted blue. Obesity is caused by having a name that begins with the letter Z. Whatever.

I can't quite remember how it began. How did I start questioning obesity, years and years ago?

I took a nutrition class. I was reading books about nutrition ever since I was in my mid to late teens. I have been aware of nutrition for a couple decades now.

I remember in nutrition class when they said... what was it? 'Calories' are more complex than you might imagine. Calories are not just a simple number. You get energy from three (and I would say, 'three' plus whatever new things we haven't discovered yet, and will discover in the future) things: carbohydrates, protein, and fat. This is where it starts to get complicated and I feel less and less comfortable with the 'mathematical formula' approach to counting calories. Based on my experience, I would say we will probably find that there are even more categories of things that are able to supply energy.

Not only that, but just 'taking in too much energy' isn't the problem. I forget how this began...

I remember learning about hormone disorders. I remember that there were some examples of people whose glands didn't function properly, and it caused them to become obese. That was probably the biggest trigger for my questioning. If some people had glandular problems that could cause them to be severely obese for their entire lives, then what about all those other in-between people who are slightly obese, but not severely? What if they had a glandular disorder too, but not as severe? I think that's where the questioning began.

If you google 'glandular disorders that cause obesity' (without quotes) that will get you slightly closer to my way of seeing things. You will see pages where they complain about how you're 'doing everything right, but still can't lose weight.' I think that's how my questioning began. So I started paying attention to anything and everything similar to this line of thinking. Is there something going wrong inside your body that causes you to feel hungry all the time? Is there something that causes your body to deposit large amounts of fat? How does the adipose tissue function, anyway? Can something be wrong with the adipose tissue? Can something be wrong with the glands?

I thought of something else. I was remembering that there was an association between grains and obesity. They feed grain to cows to fatten them up before slaughter, but while they are eating only grass (without grain) they do not become fat. Cows become fat whenever it's a certain time of year, when the grasses naturally go to seed, and they eat the entire blade of grass with the seeds attached, and that's when they gain more weight. Someone somewhere pointed out that mainstream media was telling people (for a while, during one particular fad) that they should eat lots and lots of pasta in order to lose weight and be healthy. That was a few years ago. Now the advice has changed, but believe me it will change again, and a few years in the future, it will be popular once again to tell people that they must eat bread and pasta in order to lose weight. The advice is pretty much random. It's inspired by this or that particular scientific study which is popularized and misunderstood by the media.

And yet, there are people eating grains who are not at all fat, and yes, there are tons and tons of examples. So whoever it was that was thinking that grains are what cause humans to become obese, they're not right either. Everyone seems to be getting only one piece of the whole picture.

I don't use the word 'overeat' anymore. That word has been removed from my vocabulary. It is a swear word. I say that because I was reading this web page and reacting with anger every time I saw the word 'overeat.' I'm looking at something right now.

Also, I react with irritation when I read that people gain weight because of a 'lower basal metabolic rate.' That is associated with the 'mathematical formula' belief system. A metabolic rate sounds like a 'number.' If you knew this 'number,' you could then plug it into a formula and 'calculate something' and thereby know how many calories you have to count. Anything that involves counting and calculating, as a method of weight loss, irritates me. Anything that involves plugging numbers into a mathematical formula irritates me.

This web site annoys me.

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/obesity-common-causes-alternatives-1240038.html

Something happened the other day when I was at McDonald's. I was out in the lobby cleaning something or whatever, I forget what, when all of a sudden, a customer spoke one word which cut through the noise of the surrounding conversation, and I heard and noticed that one word, which was spoken with a particular prosody, a melody, a tone, which meant it was at the end of the sentence, and it was a slightly disdainful tone, a disapproving tone. The word was 'psychological,' and it was spoken by one woman to another at a table a few feet away from me. It was as though she had said a sentence like, 'They think it's only PSYCHOLOGICAL.' My fur bristled and my immediate response to her was 'Enemy.'

People who use the word 'psychological' in a disdainful tone are my enemy. They are the same people who use the word 'hypochondriac.' They are the people who want to tell you that whatever your senses are detecting, it doesn't exist. They tell you that your senses are wrong.

This article has a paragraph talking about the 'psychological' causes of obesity. There is no such thing as a 'psychological' cause of obesity. There are physiological causes, but not psychological ones, in my belief system.

I should stop ranting. This morning I was forced awake very early, while also having a reaction from an incident that happened yesterday, and I worked on the 'editing out references to RDL' project. I've had caffeine but no real food. That causes me to get irritated and to spend large amounts of time ranting.

What search terms would you have to google in order to find the belief system that matches my own, about the causes of obesity?

No comments: