Monday, May 23, 2011

This time, I left my clothes by the tree.

I'm off work, and I went walking today.  Last time I was at Fisherman's Paradise, I took off my shoes and left them by a tree and walked on the paths barefoot.  This time, I left my shoes back at the car, and went barefoot the whole way.

After going deeper into the woods, where there weren't any people, I took off the rest of my clothes and left them by a tree. 

I then went up the same path I had gone up before, up to the field on top of the hill, but I didn't go all the way to the housing development.  I walked into the field through the tall grass to look at a flower that looked like columbine, and I saw that I was right, that's what it was.  After stepping back onto the path, I felt an intense itch on my leg, and saw a tiny tick on my inner thigh, a smaller tick than I had ever seen before.  I scratched it off.  I was accustomed to seeing much bigger ticks down in West Virginia when I used to go walking in the woods and fields.

It had taken only a few seconds to get used to walking around naked.  I'm used to being naked all the time in my house.  I've been naked outside once before.  I was with my friend Rachael, and we dared each other to walk down the street naked in the middle of the night.  We walked together.  I took off my clothes, but she didn't.  A car went by, and it turned out to be the morning newspaper delivery guy, who recognized me and knew my family.  He told my father what I was doing.  This was a rural area where many people knew each other.  When I got home my parents were mad at me.  I can't believe that jerk would make such a big deal out of it and feel the need to protect the morals of the community in that particular way.  It was nothing.  I can't believe he actually went to tell my father about it.

So yeah, people sometimes have stupid reactions to the sight of naked people. 

After I finished walking along the isolated paths, I went down to the more populated areas.  There was a road on the other side of Spring Creek, and a couple cars were going by, but not many.  I stepped down into the creek.  The water was painfully cold.  I stood there and got used to it.  The mud was so deep that my feet squished down really far into it and I couldn't keep my balance while the water was rushing around me and knocking me over.  So I was stumbling, stepping on rocks and squashing down into the mud, while also fighting the rushing water.  I got in up to about waist deep.  It was too cold for me to go all the way under, but I wanted to.  I might do it next time if it's 90 degrees outside. 

A car went by and I just crouched down so that I was partly under the water.  They could see my upper body.  At that point I was in a place where I could crouch far down enough that nothing was really visible.  Then, a fisherman who I had passed on my way in (while I was dressed) was leaving, and he saw me too, when I was getting out.  I hope I didn't upset him too badly - it wasn't HIS fault that he accidentally saw me naked.  Right after I got my clothes back on, a whole school bus full of kids went by.  I should have stayed naked a couple seconds longer.

I'm going to try to do it again with a group of people.  Someone commented on my blog a while back and gave me a link to a website, britishnaturists.org or something like that.  I enjoyed reading it and decided that I am officially a nudist. 

I'm at the library right now...

No comments: