Thursday, May 12, 2011

Every great idea that people aren't doing isn't tax deductible

4:52 AM 5/12/11

Warning, this is one of those things where you start off reading it, and it seems okay at first, but then, it changes the subject and starts talking about things that people don't like to read. So apparently I have that pattern, and I don't do it consciously or deliberately, but it lulls people into a false sense of security, and then I start 'sneaking in' the ideas that they don't want to know about, after they've gotten comfortable reading about ideas that are okay with them. But all of my blog and all of my writing is like that, because sooner or later, I will always end up talking about unpleasant topics that nobody wants to know about.

So every great idea that people aren't doing isn't tax deductible?

I'm reading about what types of things are tax deductible, and what things aren't. It said a self-funded insurance isn't tax deductible. So if you set aside some of your business's money as some kind of insurance fund, you still have to pay taxes on that money. I would want to do it anyway, even though it isn't tax deductible. Setting aside some of your money for some kind of insurance is a great idea.

I get the impression that there are a lot of things people would do, if only they were tax deductible. And there are things they wouldn't do if they weren't. There are lots of things that I HATE, and all of those things are tax deductible. I hate employee benefit programs, for instance. I hate any kind of 'benefits' offered with jobs, and I would rather just get my money in cash. But nobody does that, because if you give unwanted 'benefits' instead of cash, then you don't have to pay taxes on the amount of money that the 'benefits' cost.

I've thought a lot about self-funded insurance. Insurance is another thing that I hate. I would want to just keep the money in a fund, and not give it away to somebody and let it disappear. However, this would be with a small group of people, so we would have less ability to raise large amounts of money, and it would be more painful if we had to withdraw from the fund.

I had imagined a group of people living together, and they would each have their own money, their own account, their own safe. And I imagined it being in a physical safe. There would be an inspector whose job was to check the amount of money in your safe and make sure that you had allocated the required amounts of money into the various funds, as the group wanted you to do. We would have our own health insurance, and we would be required to set aside X dollars into the fund, but we would each keep the money ourselves, in our own safe, and not give it away to anyone else, and not put it into a pool. We could each walk away from the group with all of our own money at any time. That would be the rule, you can walk out, with all your own money, and it wouldn't be mixed in with everybody else's money. But at the same time, you would have allocated money for the funds. And at any time, you can agree or disagree to give away the money for someone's use of the fund. There would be rules about how to do that, and rules about whether or not someone can override you in an emergency.

That all was inspired by reading books about intentional communities. I had wanted a community where we had our own group insurance that was structured in a totally different way than insurance usually is, but in a simple commonsense way, which respected everyone's property and gave people the maximum amount of control over their money.

As I read this document about tax deductions I'm realizing that Ron is in a transition phase. His business is becoming larger and more profitable, and so, it will have to be more visible to the IRS. He already went and paid his taxes, so, they know he exists. Part of my mind is thinking of ways to avoid getting taxed for this or that, and the other part of my mind is thinking of what I will have to do (whether I like it or not) to help him transition to making everything visible to the IRS. He chose to be a 'legit' business, so I have to help him become that, and that means I have to tax everything that is supposed to be taxed, and my job as a bookkeeper is to make it easier to do that, among other things.

If I were starting my own business, I would want to just not even let them know I exist, from the beginning. I'm not sure how I would hide it all, though. I would have to pretend I was still working at McDonald's. I would have to make it seem like I was able to survive on the income that I was making at McD, while also working my 'real' job on the side, and having enough time to do it, and hiding the money.

I have also wondered about the idea of 'not letting them know we exist.' Back in the days when I was reading, and thinking, about living off-the-grid, I was thinking a lot about how to live without any form of government ID. The reason for that was because, years ago, my goal was to get away from being harassed and followed by computer hackers. The computer hackers were doing things to me at every single job where I worked, when I was working office jobs for the temp agencies. I would go to a new job and very quickly I would start getting harassing phone calls there and specific types of computer problems and harassing emails at work. So they instantly knew exactly where I was working.

Because of all that, I started thinking of how I could live and work without any computer anywhere knowing that I existed, having my ID, or having any record at all that the hackers could get into. (That was back before I knew that they were spying on me physically. I thought all the spying was being done over the computer.) I thought about ways that I could work without having a social security number or any form of government ID.

Later on, even though I knew I was being stalked physically, not just over the computer, I still wondered about living and working without any form of ID. I wanted to raise my children without giving them any kind of government ID, and without letting the government know that they existed. Then I would have to find ways for them to work and support themselves without working in the system.

So I was interested in things like: foraging for food, and squatting on property you don't own, and living in your car or living in an RV (but that obviously requires all the licenses and all that), and when I read about entomophagy, the practice of eating insects, I thought it looked like a good way for people to grow their own food in small containers without owning land - something got me thinking about entomophagy again recently and I forget what it was. I haven't tried it, myself, but I would probably start with something simple and familiar, like earthworms. (Actually, I have tried it. I once ate a pillbug, one of those gray bugs that rolls up in a ball, when I was a teenager, just out of curiosity. It was bitter. But I'm not dead yet. And I think I ate some other bug once but I forget what it was.)

One of the Murphy's Laws listed on that web page (in the previous post) said, 'If nobody's doing it, there's a reason.' That law applies to the Weston Price diet, and it probably applies to entomophagy too. Nobody is eating those things, and there's a reason why, which is why the diets require lots of troubleshooting and testing and research before you can safely use them, because we don't know what happens when you eat an earthworm or whatever. There are so many stupid ways to die. I've learned that while researching how to forage for food. I remember reading that someone died of trichinosis from eating jerky made from a cougar. I seem to remember that some types of parasites live in the soil, so technically, you might get them by eating earthworms. I don't think trichinosis usually lives in the soil, but you wouldn't want to get your earthworms from anyplace near a farm where they had pigs, or, I guess, any other animals. You would have to get clean soil from someplace without any pesticides or parasites.

I really did a lot more learning and researching and reading whenever I was on St. John's Wort. The phenomenon of learning quickly and easily, and feeling happy while learning, and being mentally focused, happened all the time when I was on the drug.

This morning while I'm reading, I'm being distracted by an attack every few seconds that forces my mind to start thinking about everything else except what I'm reading. When I'm on drugs, I am able to ignore the attacks and keep reading. That was the reason why the murderers were attacking me worse than usual yesterday, because they do that whenever I have been exposed to antidepressants. They try to provoke murderous rage. They ALWAYS do those kinds of attacks if I have had antidepressants recently.

People are SUPPOSED to be happy and focused while learning. It's not supposed to be something that you have to use a drug to get. I always liked learning whenever I was young, too, and I liked being challenged, and I was bored in school (at least early on... but later, I was overwhelmed with all the homework and I could not make myself do it all).

This is going to turn into a blog about misery and suffering again. 'They' gave me a dream tonight, because I had written that I was happy while learning. So, in this dream, I was actually in Ukraine with Rick and his wife, and I was mopping the floor, and I was also mopping the carpet with the mop, and they were speaking Russian and I couldn't understand them - he and his wife both - and I was sitting down on the floor petting these weird looking calico cats that had unfamiliar fur patterns that were different from the fur patterns that I recognized, and it had all these weird colors like orange and all different earth tones in its fur. So apparently that was the 'reward' I was supposed to be getting because I said I was happy while learning. I didn't mind the dream, it was cute and comforting. But as soon as I woke up they told me that the reason for the dream was because of what I had written in my blog about learning.

Back on the idea of 'not letting them know we exist,' there are actually religious groups that believe that a government ID is like the mark of Satan. I would like to view it that same way without believing in Satan. (And yes, there are evil humans in the world, but they are not supernatural demons, and they do exist.)

The bigger a group gets, the harder it is to hide it.

So, yeah, this was all a big huge idea that I was thinking of years ago, where we would have our own money system and wouldn't be using any government IDs and we would grow our own food and have our own money changers that would trade dollars for our money so that we could buy things that we couldn't produce ourselves.

I should probably go back to bed. I did a little bit of reading this morning. I should write an email to Ron telling him what I'm reading, but I'll just show it to him when I see him in person. He'll understand. I just want him to know that I'm not just sitting around waiting, I'm actually researching the things he needs to do.

No comments: