Friday, May 20, 2011

I heard that the world ends tomorrow.

11:52 AM 5/20/11

I heard a rumor that the world ends tomorrow. Goodbye, world! Yawn. I already know that I'm one of the chosen ones who will get to live in a brand new world that looks and feels exactly like the old one, so I'm not too worried about it. I'll just keep on doing whatever I'm doing. Life is easy when you're one of the chosen ones.

I got a courtesy call from copper.net telling me that my service would soon expire, and that I might call them to arrange a payment so that I would not have an interruption in service. But since the world is ending tomorrow, I'm afraid that my internet service probably will be interrupted no matter what I do. I'll call him back on Monday once we've all settled in to our new world that looks and feels exactly like the old one.

I wonder if the end of the world will be a big, messy thing, with lots of chaos and interruptions of internet services, or whether it will be a smooth, seamless transition that we don't even notice? Why can't the government do something about it???

Actually, this is happening right around the time when I myself am making big changes in my lifestyle. So for me it is kind of like letting go of the old world and moving into a new world.

No comments: