Saturday, May 14, 2011

I think intelligent IEEs don't like to use dating websites.

That's the only conclusion I can draw after looking through what feels like hundreds of profiles and not finding much of anything. Plentyoffish changed its site recently. It's easier to search for someone's 'interests' now. I tried doing that.

I hate reading profiles that are written in a sloppy way, full of misspellings and randomness and poor grammar and sentences that aren't capitalized.

I made a list of some of the people who might possibly have been IEEs. But then, I searched for 'personality types' as one of the interests, and one of the people called himself an INFP, and his writing style was exactly like a large number of the people who I had categorized as possibly being IEEs. I can often vaguely recognize intuition and ethics, but can't tell which one is being used. It's easy to see someone's 'strong functions.' Ne and Ni, Fe and Fi, will always be the strong functions of all four types: IEE, IEI, EIE, and EII.

I click on people's profiles, reluctantly, and I feel this sick, disgusted, repulsed feeling, as I know, ahead of time, that I'm not going to like this person, but I'm looking at them anyway. Hundreds and hundreds of people seem to be all the same, and the more I look at them, the more I loathe them. And I know it's not their fault, and I feel bad that they're on this dating site and they're not finding anyone, but I can't help loathing them.

I get sick of seeing smiles. I've discovered that I like people who don't necessarily smile all the time. I'm sick of seeing photos where the person made themselves smile and I would rather see someone with just a sincere straight face.

My own profile is hidden so that no one will contact me. Every time I have used the dating websites before, I get bombarded with hundreds of emails and I feel guilty about ignoring them or talking to them once or twice and realizing it's totally wrong for me. So I am just looking at other people's profiles without anybody looking at mine.

Everything they say is so shallow and mindless. I can hardly find a deep, intelligent person anywhere. When I do find someone who says something deep or intelligent, they have clearly been an EIE - there was one who I 'visually identified' merely by looking at his photo - his eyes were very close together, and he looked exactly like a large number of church preachers who I have seen - and as soon as I read the first line of his profile I knew he was an EIE. But he was intelligent and a good writer, and that made him more interesting than all the other people there. There are also lots of intelligent writers who seem to be IEIs.

I started searching for a variety of different interests. But as I got more exhausted, it was harder to see any glimmer of hope in the first couple lines of their descriptions. You have to look at a headline and a couple lines of text in order to decide which people, out of thousands, are worth looking at. I will have to do it again when I am less exhausted.

And what's worse, there's no way to mark which ones you've already looked at! So you see the same ones again and again. And the site is either malfunctioning, or else it's been redesigned to do this annoying thing on purpose - it shows the same people in the search who you just saw on the previous page. I KNOW FOR SURE I just saw that person, and here they are again on the next page of the search! I understand what they might be trying to do - they believe that repetition will encourage you to see them more easily the second time, like in advertising.

I wish I knew a secret, unique 'code phrase' that would lead me directly to what I am looking for. All of the search terms I used are general enough that large numbers of people are interested in those things, and most of them are low quality in their writing style, and the wrong type of person.

I feel revulsion at the sight of almost every profile I look at. So I sit there for hours, feeling revolted again, and again, and again, hundreds of times. I see occasional people who might be IEEs, who strongly resemble them, but, I'm sorry, they seem like morons. They really are not looking very intelligent at all. So I'm starting to think that all intelligent IEEs just completely avoid dating websites.

No comments: