Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eet eet eet - It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song

I have that song now. Now that I've read the lyrics, and listened to them a few times, I think I understand something that I struggled to understand before. I couldn't understand why the person who was deciding whether or not to steal had any connection to the kids outside and the boy crying because it was his turn and his brother wouldn't let him try. I think I figured out the connection.

I think it means that the big brother is 'stealing' a turn from the little kid. It's his turn, but the big kid stole it from him, and the little boy is crying. He's too small to stand up for himself and fight for what's his. So anytime you steal something from somebody, the consequence is a little boy crying because he can't get his turn at whatever it is. You took something away from somebody else and they cried.

I, or 'they', have to add something. This is about government. The government is the biggest thief of anybody, and a small petty thief is nothing compared to them. The enormous damage done by: 1. the IRS taxing us (or the taxes in any other country) and 2. the fiat money system, and the banking and credit system - the damage done by those is enormous and it makes life much, much, much harder for everyone than it has to be. And the consequences are hard to see. So many potential things that could've happened, didn't happen, because of taxes and fiat money and credit. Those things are invisible. It's not as obvious as a dead body lying on the ground or something. Instead, it's all the extra time you spend working when you ought to be doing your own projects, spending time with family, and so on. So that is the biggest thief.

Anyway I think that's what that verse of the song means. The little boy is crying because somebody pushed him out of the way and stole something that was his.

No comments: