Thursday, October 7, 2010

eminem: fellow sufferer

Reading his lyrics, I've seen several things that suggest he is a fellow sufferer.

I just read the lyrics to 'cold wind blows' or whatever that one is called. In the middle of it he says suddenly that he has been struck by lightning and God is telling him to repent. That sounds familiar.

In another song he says something like, you try to change the words before I write them, to take the sting out of them, or take the power out of them, or something like that - I forget the exact words and I forget which song it was. I know *all about* people messing up the words before I write them.

Electronic harassment is so commonplace that actually, it's sort of a "yawn, yet another fellow sufferer" response. Just another day, another victim. Lots of celebrities, lots of ordinary people, everyone and anyone. Nothing new about that. Some of them talk about it, and some don't.

No comments: