Saturday, March 26, 2011

Negging; MG responds; yay duals! More celebrity sociotypes. Google alerts for names being mentioned.

11:34 AM 3/26/11

Hooray for duals and semi-duals. (Probably a dual, but I'm not absolutely sure.) I just mentioned Mike Gogulski, from nostate.com, in my blog and he picked it up. He has one of those things that alerts you to something being mentioned on Google, sort of like Scott Adams, the Dilbert author, who receives an alert anytime his name is mentioned. (Hi Scott!) So he wrote to me after I mentioned his name. He seems to behave like a dual. He is another expatriate doing translations in a post-Soviet country, which is why I mentioned him, as I was comparing/contrasting him with RDL. It was an attempt to make myself feel like it ought to be no big deal to make friends with RDL because I had done something very similar before.

Sometimes I get the feeling that duals are popping up everywhere I go, and other times I can't find one when I need one.

I haven't guessed Scott Adams's socionic type yet. (If he does happen to pick this up in his name usage detector, I'd recommend that he temporarily avoid looking at socionics.com, since I wouldn't want him to think that ALL socionics people are using that kind of 'visual identification.') One of these days I will try to guess his type. I've enjoyed finding out about Jo Rowling's type, the Harry Potter author, who I now think is an EII. I've also been thinking about Ayn Rand's type, and I think that she is one of the few LII's who actually ARE an LII. There is a tendency in the Keirsey group to believe that everyone, everywhere, is an INTP, or perhaps an INTJ, and so I was skeptical anytime I saw people saying Ayn Rand was an INTJ (LII). But I think she is. I'll have to give all the evidence later.

I've read most of Nathaniel Branden's books, including his autobiography, Judgment Day, where he talks about Ayn Rand and the things she said. She complained the most about the group of people who look like the SEE type. She called them 'whim-worshippers' and complained about how they used feelings to make decisions when they ought to use logic, and how they failed to foresee the long-term consequences of their actions. When I recall the group of people, the politicians, who kidnapped John Galt, they seem like SEE types. I would have to look in the book again to be sure. But that might suggest a socionic conflict between SEE and LII. That's only one of the pieces of evidence. There's more.

I could possibly get the courage to talk more to RDL. I had to do a little bit of 'negging,' the 'RDL is no big deal' attitude. I talk to famous celebrities ALL THE TIME. I used to comment on Scott Adams's blog and I'm sure I could find a few more famous people and internet celebrities and others who are MUCH MORE FAMOUS than RDL, the socionics guy. Then maybe it wouldn't seem so scary. Maybe I'm nothing but just another Adoring Fan, but then again, he is just another celebrity among the thousands of celebrities that I'm friends with. Ha ha.

No comments: