Monday, March 7, 2011

They think Martin is EIE, and that's why our relationship was so strange

I glanced at his pictures again recently. He has a lot of exaggerated facial expressions. That would be extraverted ethics (feelings).

When he wrote a note back to me (after 'they' had forced me against my will, for months and months and months, to keep trying to email him without getting a response, and finally I wrote a note to him on paper and gave it to him at work, and he wrote a note back to me on paper), I felt that the note made no sense to me and had nothing to do with anything I had said at all. It was totally irrelevant, like it was written in a foreign language. I had written a very long note, and he wrote a very short note that had nothing to do with anything I had said at all.

I still don't know whether they intercepted our emails or not, or whether he actually ignored them. He wouldn't answer that question, or, perhaps he was trying to answer it, but I wasn't able to understand.

I'm looking at people on forums who write in a style that I perceive as unreadable gibberish. I was looking at wikisocion and it said (about conflict relations), "This means that each person conveys a large amount of verbal information to the weak vulnerable function of the other. This function is not able to digest such a large body of information in stride, and the person's thinking processes becomes disorganized and muddled." That is how I feel when I read a lot of people's forum posts. It's this feeling of 'Why would you say that, and what does it have to do with anything at all?' There is a feeling of confusion and irrelevance. But those aren't all EIEs that I'm reading when I feel that way. I was trying to focus on finding an EIE and reading only his posts, except I ended up wandering around to random things instead.

I shouldn't be awake right now and I don't want to be awake - they woke me up. They wanted me to mention Martin possibly being an EIE and that would explain why we became unable to communicate.

I remember I rented one of his favorite movies and watched it - 'Dirty Work.' It wasn't my kind of movie, but I watched it with an open mind as an attempt to understand him and what he liked. I looked up some quotes from that movie. All of the funny quotes listed now look like 'extraverted feelings.' They are emotional judgments about something. They are emotional reactions to something. It's a long list of strong, visible, emotional reactions to things.

I don't know if he still reads my blog, but he did in the past.



At a distance, conflictors may find each other interesting, but as they become closer are sure to notice a fundamental difference in their motives and point of view. They can only sidestep this by limiting their relationship to the most formal and superficial interaction possible in a given situation (the most natural psychological distance for this relationship is very long). When interaction is unavoidable, uncomfortable misunderstandings or, most often, a sense of awkwardness and ambiguity usually result, even when both partners have the best of intentions. When actual conflict occurs, conflictors tend to repeat themselves over and over without ever making themselves understood; thus, they are often not even sure why the conflict exists in the first place.

Conflictors can have known each other for a very long time without having the slightest understanding of each other's motives. This makes true collaboration and intimacy difficult.

No comments: