Friday, April 29, 2011

A simple basic cell phone without any features; comments not appearing; my reaction to my work uniform clothes

9:19 AM 4/29/11

I just invented something. I've invented this before, though. But when I was inventing it again this morning, I was fighting with 'them' to find ways to remove unwanted features from the invention, and we thought of a good way to do it.

It started when I was thinking of Rick disconnecting from the internet while he goes hiking. I don't know if cell phone service goes far enough to cover the parts of the mountains that he goes hiking in. It probably covers a surprisingly large area, but maybe not all of it. I don't know how far you have to go from cell phone towers to get away from the signal. Getting away from cell phone signals is actually something I want to experience, because I believe that the background noise that I feel and hear constantly is caused by electromagnetic sensitivity to the cell phone frequency.

(*I've erased an entire paragraph here. It was one of those insane 'jokes' that are not funny. Someone has informed me that it is not true, and that it might be taken as true by people who read my blog.*)

(It was one of those days yesterday. I was having a reaction to my clothing, the internet wasn't working on my ipod at work, I refuse to capitalize the P in ipod unless I'm using my ipod and it automatically spell-checks it and capitalizes it for me, in which case I won't fight it, but here on my PC, I can do whatever I want, which means that all the letters in 'ipod' are lowercase, because I never liked Steve Jobs even BEFORE I discovered that he was my socionics conflict personality type. Anyway. I was having a reaction to my clothing, and couldn't post a blog at work, and couldn't get the wireless at work to do anything at all, so I spent a very long time troubleshooting the wireless, only to find that I actually WAS connected, but was somehow bypassing the login screen, which is the reason why the login screen wasn't popping up. So then I tried using the net and some pages were working, while other pages just sat there loading and doing nothing for minutes and minutes and minutes, so I went to another wireless location and tried something there, which was, a comment on Rick's blog, and it actually appeared, probably because it was the middle of the night and he was asleep, unable to delete the comment. So I started troubleshooting why my comments never appear on his site, and I got several of them to appear, but by then, the clock on his blog was saying it was 7:00 AM - it was like midnight for me, I think - and my comments started disappearing. If someone is there at the crack of dawn for the sole purpose of deleting my blog comments as fast as I can write them, then somebody has a problem. So anyway, he needs help breaking his internet addiction. (*NOTE: This was all a so-called 'joke' which was not funny to anyone except the author while in a manic state. None of this is true, and I was told by Rick that he is NOT deleting the comments, and he is NOT addicted to using the net, and he does not know why the comments are not appearing, but it is because of something technical, a problem with my old computer and browser. The concept of the so-called 'joke' was that it was so far from the truth, so totally opposite of the truth, that it did not even have the slightest grain of truth in it, and was therefore 'funny.' However, he read it and took it as me telling lies about him, not 'jokes,' quote unquote, and I agree, he and other people could take it that way, and it is a legitimate grievance.*) That was why the cell phone was being reinvented this morning, because I had been wondering what happens when he goes hiking in the mountains, wondering if he carried a cell phone, and whether it worked in the mountains, and whether it had an internet connection or not.)

Anyway, when 'they' woke me up this morning, 'they' wouldn't allow me to think about *ANYTHING ELSE ON EARTH* except the *HUGELY IMPORTANT TASK* of troubleshooting why my comments won't appear on Rick's blog. Except for some reason, they wanted me to keep trying to write comments from my own computer. I had an argument with them over that, because if comments aren't working when I post them from my own computer, I am going to assume that it's a problem with my old opera browser, and I am going to go someplace else to troubleshoot comments. One of my successful comments was given from my all-lowercase ipod on wireless, and if you ever see 'ipod' with a capital P in it, that means I wrote the blog on my ipod, which automatically rewrites that word for me with a capital P. So, I am going to try something like that again if I'm troubleshooting.

But they were insisting that I just get on my PC right now and leave some more failed comments, because apparently they are so wonderful to him that he has been eagerly waiting for more of my comments all day long, for hours and hours and hours, while I've been in bed asleep. He told me that he DOES receive a notification in email whenever I attempt to post a failed comment. So do I - I get an email saying that I left a comment, but the comment doesn't appear, except every now and then, I have actually gotten a couple of them to appear, but it is intermittent. And now, the one that 'suddenly appeared out of nowhere' recently is one where I claimed I was an enneagram type Three, which is no longer applicable, because I have recently decided to totally stop using the enneagram at all, since there are so many problems with it, and I won't get into that now.

Well, this cell phone that I reinvented this morning was something I've thought of many times before. I have often wanted to start a business where I make products that are extremely SIMPLE AND BASIC. For instance, I would do the impossible and the unthinkable: I would make a cell phone that could only make phone calls, and it could do absolutely nothing else. Well, I was lying in bed talking to the voices while thinking of this, and we had an argument because I insisted that I didn't want the cell phone to be able to remember phone numbers. They insisted that, at the very least, it had to be programmable with numbers. I said no. I then invented my most ingenious creation yet, which was a little paper card inserted into the back of the phone with the important phone numbers written on it in pen or pencil. The purpose of the phone is to be extremely cheap, to work really well at doing the one thing it's supposed to do, which is make phone calls, and to limit you from doing all your other bad habits such as playing little video games or fooling around on the internet. It's exactly like my old land line phone except it's a cell phone.

I hate products that have lots of extra unwanted 'features' on them, and I also hate things that are all electronic without anything mechanical. I hate things that are too computerized. So the simple basic products corporation would make some things that were mechanically operated again instead of computerized. And there would be no 'features.' I would be ruthless and unthinkable in my removal of unwanted features, just as I was above with the phone when I insisted that the phone could not even be allowed to remember programmed phone numbers, but must instead have a paper card inserted into it with phone numbers written by hand. I would be equally ruthless at stripping down all the other products being simplified.

This is part of the theme of 'making 'em like they used to,' which is what I was thinking about yesterday at work. The concept yesterday was that borrowed money rewards people who have a very long-term vision, whereas, if you don't borrow any money, and start from scratch and make incremental improvements in your business, then you might have a more down-to-earth vision of how things should be done and how products should be designed, whereas if you borrow money to start businesses, you can have a long-distance vision of your company, and take big risks, and make lots of products people don't really like, just because you can, and you don't have to worry about such mundane things as whether or not people enjoy using your well-designed, ergonomic products.

Basic simple products are what I want to see. Cell phones that only make phone calls, and can't even remember programmed phone numbers, but, alas, you must write them by hand on a paper card which inserts into the back of the phone. I want the learning curve to be very small with these products. And this is no joke. This is real. I would be totally, totally rich, and millions of people would be literally falling to the ground and worshipping me and kissing my feet with gratitude because they have been begging, and begging, and begging for simple, basic, ergonomically designed, easy-to-use products that have a zero learning curve on them, but NO ONE LISTENS TO WHAT PEOPLE REALLY WANT. I am telling you PEOPLE *REALLY REALLY WANT* simple basic products without ANY FEATURES AT ALL. In fact I even heard a DJ on the radio complaining about this very thing yesterday, because he got a phone call from someone and he could barely hear them, and he complained, wouldn't it be nice if cell phones just focused on making themselves easy to hear, instead of adding all these games and things on the phones? I totally agreed with him.

Why can't they get this? If you even THINK about designing simple products without any features, there are all these 'unthinkability barriers.' It's UNTHINKABLE to design a phone that can't even be programmed to remember phone numbers! Read Edward de Bono and put on your green hat and think the unthinkable! What if there was a phone where you could hear, but not talk? What if there was a phone that let you talk, but not hear? Think the unthinkable. What if there was a phone that had no buttons, so that you weren't able to push buttons to dial the numbers? Find out what 'green hat thinking' is and find out how it's used. It's in 'Six Thinking Hats,' a very useful book. (All the socionists would be looking at that book and trying to correlate the hats to the eight socionic functions, and making new hats, and merging old hats into new ones, and complaining that the hats don't correspond to the Jungian functions, and that therefore they are no use whatsoever, and they must be wrong. But nevertheless, there are only six hats, and they are very useful.)

What kind of reaction am I having to my clothing, and why? A few days ago I finally had a chance to wash my work uniform. But I did it just a couple minutes before going to work, so I only had time to wash it once. One wash cycle isn't enough to get rid of St. John's Wort residue, which had gotten on the uniform, mostly on the pants, because my vinyl car seat cover had been ripped and destroyed during the months of winter, and I didn't replace the vinyl until just recently; so I was getting sjw on my pants every time I sat on the driver's seat, all winter long. When you wash sjw out of clothing only once, it just spreads it around all over the clothing. I didn't have time to do a more thorough wash than that. So I have been wearing sjw-laced clothing to work for the last few days, and have been getting into a sjw-induced mood. That is part of why I became dedicated to the task of commenting on Rick's blog no matter how many times the comments got deleted, as I was in a drug-induced mania. And no, this mania isn't as bad as the one I got from the gray sweatshirt that I lent to my co-worker briefly - and I don't know what drug she got on it, but it gave me really bad problems for a couple of weeks until I figured out it was coming from the sweatshirt, and stopped wearing that sweatshirt.

Anyway. 'They' woke me up this morning and refused to allow me to think about anything else on earth except trying to comment on Rick's blog. Meanwhile, I had other things that I needed to think about. I have projects to do and errands to run. He has to go to sleep sometime, and when he does sleep, that would be the perfect time to try commenting on his blog and finding out whether my comments appear. That means I have to know what time it is in Ukraine.

I've been having the phenomenon of rereading his writings and seeing more layers of meaning in them every time I read them, and noticing things I never noticed the first time, things I just carelessly read over without understanding them. It's like watching a favorite movie over and over again, where you notice things you never saw the first time. That is how I watch movies. I only buy a very small number of movies, and I watch them dozens and dozens of times, over a period of years and years and years. So I went back to his socionist blog and was glancing at the very last entry in it and noticing millions of things I needed to comment about, and this was partly because of sjw mania.

As disappointing as it may be to everyone benefitting from my mood, I do, actually, want to get rid of the residue from my clothing so that I will stop having a reaction to it.

No comments: