Monday, April 11, 2011

yes, 'Strraff-st-phooey-tye' was funny.

but I have to find the link to it.

http://tryukraine.blogspot.com/2010/07/curse-of-amero-european-expat.html

I may never find out what 'Strraff-st-phooey-tye' means.

*************
After starting my computer, it crashed. Yes, I understand that for troubleshooting purposes, I always assume that if something strange happens on the internet (like comments not showing up or emails not being received... and I'm still waiting, but I always give him a few days), it could have been caused by 'the hackers.'

'After starting my computer, it crashed' is grammatically incorrect. I used to laugh hysterically when I read about grammar mistakes and read about the reasons why they were mistakes. It was the most hilarious thing on earth. I wasn't laughing at the people who made the mistakes. I was laughing at the logic of the grammar mistake itself.

If I understand a language well enough to recognize that something is a mistake, if it's unexpected, if it's something that would never occur to me because I'm so used to following the rules that I'm not even aware of the rules anymore, then the unexpected grammar mistake can sometimes be uncontrollably hilarious, as in, rolling on floor laughing my ass off hilarious. It would be hard for me to be a foreign language teacher because of this.

I'm not really surprised anymore by things like 'After starting my computer, it crashed,' so I don't laugh at them. If I knew what strraff-st-phooey-tye was supposed to mean, if I knew whether it was a mistake or not, I might think it was even funnier than I already thought it was. I thought the situation was funny.

Anyway, I was saying that I always assume hackers might have caused an incident to happen, an incident such as comments not appearing.

However, this particular problem wasn't unexplainable enough for me to start wondering about hackers. It made enough sense to assume he deleted the comments himself. I didn't feel uncertain about it - it was probably him, and I can imagine various reasons why he would do it.

But there have been other times when I have to wonder about the hacker harassment, for troubleshooting purposes, because I'll ask somebody if they got a message from me, and they'll say they didn't; or I won't get a message from them that they say they sent to me.

But in this particular case there were plenty of reasons why... Rick would want to delete my comments from his blog. I didn't wonder much about whether someone else had deleted them. It didn't seem necessary to wonder that.

No comments: