Sunday, April 3, 2011

OMFG! @#$%&^ #%^#%$@#$%#@

I *hate* using new computers. They are so goddamn slow and I have to learn all over again how to stop the damn computer from secretly doing things that I don't want it to do in the background. I tried uploading a video finally. Well, first, I got to Barnes & Noble and used their wireless. Of course, the one video that I successfully uploaded was the dumbest one and not a good one. It took, like, only four minutes. But then B&N made an announcement that they were closing at 8:00, which I hadn't expected. So I got up and went to McDonald's to do it. All of a sudden, my next video, which is smaller than the first, says it's going to take like an HOUR to upload!

I don't think the wireless should be that much slower here, but I don't know enough about this to understand why the wireless would be extremely slow at one place, and extremely fast at another. So I went looking in my computer. Of course, it was automatically downloading updates, and it's one of those things where I never use this and so the updates are like months and months and months worth of stuff, so it's like, You have 1,034,874 updates to download, and it will take 10 hours to get them all. So I had to find out how to stop it from automatically downloading updates. But I did that, and it's STILL uploading my video slowly - even though, as I said, this one is smaller than the first one which only took less than five minutes at Barnes and Noble.

Meanwhile, this is a new computer with a new version of IE, so technically, it OUGHT to display web pages without any problems. But I'm sitting here writing this blog, and the page keeps jumping up and down for no reason while I'm writing. Every time it saves a draft or does anything, it moves the view up to the top of this editor, so that I lose my place, and then it jumps back down to where I am if I keep typing. Stupid little things like that shouldn't happen when you are using the latest, greatest browser that is supposed to function properly on the web pages.

This happens every time I use my netbook. I complain about how my old Windows 98 running an old version of Opera browser isn't able to display certain web pages or push buttons on certain web pages, like for instance, I can't send emails at all on the dreadlocks forum because for whatever reason, I just can't push the 'send' button on that page in my Opera browser. The button is there, but it does nothing and it is not clickable. Same thing happens at particular Blogger templates, but not all of the blogger templates, only a few of them. The stuff is all there but I can't push the buttons. So I would expect everything to behave FLAWLESSLY if I am using my brand new computer - BUT NO! Web pages are STILL slow to download when I am using wireless instead of dialup. That tells me that web pages are full of unnecessary garbage. And they still function badly on my latest IE browser. Why on earth would anybody pay money to buy a new version of Windows and IE every time it comes out if nothing gets any better, and if less is more, ARGH! I'm trying to just quietly sit here and read the last couple words that I wrote, but every couple seconds, it flashes back up to the top of the edit box! I can't just sit there, I have to either keep typing constantly, or else use the mouse and keep clicking the scrollbar down to the bottom again! god damn this piece of shit

No comments: