Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's going on with that point of least resistance?

2:28 PM 4/20/11

So far, Rick's argument is empty. It looks like somebody slipped a 'belief' through his 'point of least resistance,' the introverted logic, and it didn't get questioned. It would be similar to me believing I'm a 'creep' because somebody called me that and it hurt my feelings and it got stuck in my self-image forever. The vulnerable function isn't able to question things that go through it very well. The strong functions are able to question things and fight and stand up for themselves, but not the weaker functions.

I'm not sure exactly what the beliefs are that are not being questioned by his logic. My understanding of the vulnerable function is that it's very difficult to think up the questions by yourself. Usually it helps when someone else questions it for you. It would be like people telling me I'm not a creep and I don't have to be a creep and I never was one. They would tell me I'm just different. This is how mobilizing functions interact with vulnerable functions. So I'm looking at the argument from that point of view. But I will probably use several different approaches.

Everything else that he's observing is accurate. He is observing a lot of real trends in the real world, and he has legitimate grievances about them, but they are attached to this misleading idea of peak oil.

For whatever reason, writers are the only people on earth who I'm really interested in. If someone isn't a writer, I just don't really feel all that excited about them.

However, while talking to him, I have to fight against an attitude that he projects: holier-than-thou, superior, snooty, haughty, high-and-mighty, and 'I don't need you.' He's off to have fun doing better things than this. I'm just some random person on the internet, pestering him. I haven't PROVEN that I'm a knowledgeable person with something valuable to offer him. IF he has TIME to deal with me, then he MIGHT, if he's in the mood, but if he doesn't FEEL LIKE dealing with this hassle, this nuisance, then poof, go away, you little inferior. Don't waste my time.

No comments: