Wednesday, April 13, 2011

not the bad kind of mania

I was hearing voices again and they were saying they were worried about people doing stuff like jumping off of buildings or something. When I talk about awakening, I don't mean it like in the movie 'Inception.' I watched that movie and in fact I have it on DVD, and while I enjoyed the movie, it worries me anytime a movie includes people committing suicide as part of the plotline, especially when it's a 'spiritual awakening' moment or 'escape from a dream' moment.

Real awakening is not like that. I am not talking about jumping in such a way that you destroy everything. I am talking about something which actually turns out to be rather mundane. In the real world, you have to do the hard work of getting things done, and that takes time. I am not talking about 'awakening commands' like in Inception where they force themselves awake by killing themselves. Like I said, it upsets me to see that in movies.

In the real life awakening, it's something that happens long enough to motivate you to make a decision, but it's not just a one-time decision, it's something that will require effort and time. Whoever you are with, that person 'awakens' you over and over again, to continue working on the goal, whatever it is. I am NOT talking about mania or jumping off skyscrapers or doing things that are impulsive and self-destructive.

No comments: