Friday, April 8, 2011

I've been run over by a train today; one tiny bit of work done; a test ad; looking for the interest cluster

I had a LOT of trouble sleeping. I have been having a reaction to something the past couple days. I have a theory that I'm also not getting the exposure to St. John's Wort that I had been getting, and sjw makes me sleep, so now that that's been greatly reduced, I am having trouble sleeping and there is nothing to counteract the effects of the other stuff that I'm reacting to.... oh, it's going to be a rough day - I can barely communicate.

Well. I made a test ad, a dummy ad, on Craigslist. When you have chronic fatigue and every little thing is hard to do, then it's a success when you can achieve one tiny, tiny part of a larger goal. So, today's 'tiny part' is that test ad. I haven't written the real ad yet. This is for my bookkeeping service. I was having a fight with 'them' because they were talking to me as though I had an either/or choice between EITHER putting an ad on CL, OR putting an ad on paper, and for some reason, they acted like if I did one, I wouldn't be able to do the other one. I was not feeling well and was driving in the car while having this thought process, so I was ranting and shouting loudly in the car about what morons they are. (It was a 'fighting with the voices' day.)

So I was wandering through the 'services offered' section of CL (oh... I can barely even type! this is going to be terrible! I feel like a train ran over me) and I noticed an ad for 'translation.' So then I started looking through the ads and I was searching for the 'interest cluster.' I know what the interest cluster looks like now. If you find one or more of the items in the interest cluster, it is very likely to lead to all of the other items in the interest cluster. The cluster was: hiking, language translation, and web design. I was looking for a recognizable style of writing. All of the translators I saw were female. But it helps to have the interest cluster to look for.

(That was in the 'How can I find someone just like you, but not you?' theme.)

I also have an interest cluster if you want to find me. There was a group of three blogs that RDL's wife had: food, healthy hair, and wellness. That describes some of the main categories of my interest cluster, and then there are other ones, which I have written about before: intentional communities, healthy ways of raising children (breastfeeding, refusal to vaccinate, refusal to circumcise, home schooling, etc). I don't have a lot of time as I'm getting ready for work now, but it doesn't matter, I've written down my interest cluster many times before.

It's so neat how you can find one of the items in the interest cluster and it tends to correlate with all the other items, and you are likely to open a doorway to find people who are the type of person you're looking for. The interests all tend to occur together in a group. If you find someone who has, maybe, two of the interests, then it's likely that they will be at least a little bit interested in a list of ten other interests that correlate with them.

No comments: