Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The war with Rick

Strange things are happening. I've been having a war with Rick in the forum (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34744), and my comments have jumped around from topic to topic, with posts ranging from just a couple sentences to a full page essay; I've been poking fun at him while also being absolutely truthful, and have gone from speaking in a sincere and vulnerable self-revealing tone, to making a scholarly-sounding serious argument, and finally, as of now, ending it with total insanity. I shouldn't say 'ending it' because it is still continuing. But my last post was nearly impossible to write, as my hands and arms were shaking with laughter the whole time I typed.

I did a detailed thorough analysis of every line of the post that I described as 'high density' material. I added a lot to it, putting in details that he himself hadn't mentioned in the original post. I wasn't careful to make sure that every single detail was consistent with the underlying metaphor, though - I took it as literally as I was able to do, and ignored the overall hidden meaning behind it, but somehow, even so, the hidden meaning was still visible behind it all. My goal was to focus on the smallest details and ignore the big picture.

I don't know what he's going to do next. He is a master manipulator. I have barely even challenged him. I'm sure he has a lot more ideas for what to do. He's been studying socionics for years and years now, and he knows how to use it. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I wonder how long he has known I exist? I feel like he knew me before I ever even posted any comments on his blog. But if he had known me, we ought to have spoken before now, because this is so much fun, I wouldn't have wasted a single second of my life NOT doing this if I had been able to do it. He's just been sitting there whining about how his life sucks, while I've been sitting here whining about how MY life sucks, and we've both been in our little worlds going our own separate ways, and we weren't able to see each other. If I had known he was there, I would have talked to him years and years ago.

2 comments:

Laura said...

http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/01/estimates-of-north-dakotas-oil.html
Shale oil

Nicole said...

I'm still involved in this debate. It's getting interesting. But I'm not sure what approach I'm going to take.