Friday, April 8, 2011

What's up with the plastic bag in Katy Perry's 'Firework?'

Some people at work were talking about the 'do you ever feel like a plastic bag' line in 'Firework.'

Yeah, I admit, that line was kinda weak. But I get it.

You're driving down the road on a cold windy day under a gray sky. An empty bag blows along the road, flying in the wind. You wonder where it came from. Who dropped it? Who used it only one time and then threw it away? Who forgot about it? How many miles away did it come from? And now it wanders along the road in the wind and will never be used for anything again.

Do you ever feel like garbage? Do you ever feel worthless and invisible? Do you ever feel like you don't even exist?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Just dont let one of those plastic bags flying around get stuck to the bottom of your car! That happened to me one time it stuck to the exhaust on a hot day and really smelled bad got home and was able to get the rest off when it cooled (somewhat)..................Do you ever feel like garbage? well.....Not as much as I call the people who litter their crap all over garbage!!!

Nicole said...

hahahahahaha! I know! I'm always afraid of that when I see them. I'm afraid it will get under there and catch on fire or something. hahahahah